installing pdfedit - BSD

This is a discussion on installing pdfedit - BSD ; I want to install the pdfedit program. The installation docs say: "These libraries are required to build and install PDF Editor: qt3 Qt GUI Toolkit (Version 3.x) boost Boost C++ Libraries (smart_ptr, iostreams) xlib X Window System libraries" I've been ...

  1. installing pdfedit

    I want to install the pdfedit program. The installation docs say: "These
    libraries are required to build and install PDF Editor:
    qt3 Qt GUI Toolkit (Version 3.x)
    boost Boost C++ Libraries (smart_ptr, iostreams)
    xlib X Window System libraries"

    I've been able to install boost, but am not sure what the name of the qt
    toolkit or the xlib is in freebsd.

    The doc also says:
    Prerequisites. Make sure you have all needed libraries (qt3, boost and
    xlib) along with their headers. You also need the environment variable
    QTDIR to be set to directory in which the Qt toolkit (version 3) is
    installed. Many distributions already set this when installing Qt, but
    some of them don't. In that case, you have to set the QTDIR manually.
    Usually it is set to something like /usr/qt/3 or /usr/share/qt3 Also,
    QMAKESPEC have to be set to match your system type. For most linuxes is
    is linux-g++, on BSD systems it can differ. If QTDIR is set in your
    distribution, this environment variable is probably set too. Once you
    set QTDIR, you may try typing ls $QTDIR/mkspecs - QMAKESPEC need to be
    set to name of one of the directories that are in mkspecs subdirectory
    in the Qt directory."

    Not sure where these files are found.

    Help appreciated.

  2. Re: installing pdfedit

    zirath writes:

    > I want to install the pdfedit program. The installation docs say:
    > "These libraries are required to build and install PDF Editor:
    > qt3 Qt GUI Toolkit (Version 3.x)
    > boost Boost C++ Libraries (smart_ptr, iostreams)
    > xlib X Window System libraries"
    >
    > I've been able to install boost, but am not sure what the name of the
    > qt toolkit or the xlib is in freebsd.
    >
    > The doc also says:
    > Prerequisites. Make sure you have all needed libraries (qt3, boost
    > and xlib) along with their headers. You also need the environment
    > variable QTDIR to be set to directory in which the Qt toolkit (version
    > 3) is installed. Many distributions already set this when installing
    > Qt, but some of them don't. In that case, you have to set the QTDIR
    > manually. Usually it is set to something like /usr/qt/3 or
    > /usr/share/qt3 Also, QMAKESPEC have to be set to match your system
    > type. For most linuxes is is linux-g++, on BSD systems it can
    > differ. If QTDIR is set in your distribution, this environment
    > variable is probably set too. Once you set QTDIR, you may try typing
    > ls $QTDIR/mkspecs - QMAKESPEC need to be set to name of one of the
    > directories that are in mkspecs subdirectory in the Qt directory."
    >
    > Not sure where these files are found.
    >
    > Help appreciated.

    Are you acquainted with the FreeBSD ports system? I don't think
    there's a port for pdfedit, but all of those requisite libraries are
    in the ports system. Once they are installed, pkg_info(1) will tell
    you where the specific files are.

    --
    Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer
    http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

+ Reply to Thread