portable mp3 players - BSD

This is a discussion on portable mp3 players - BSD ; Hi All, Which portable (hardware) mp3 players work with FreeBSD 6.2 besides ipod and rio? Sincerely, Brendhan...

  1. portable mp3 players

    Hi All,

    Which portable (hardware) mp3 players work with FreeBSD 6.2 besides ipod
    and rio?

    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

  2. Re: portable mp3 players

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:43:11 -0400, Understudy wrote:

    > Which portable (hardware) mp3 players work with FreeBSD 6.2 besides ipod
    > and rio?

    In the case of USB connectibles, anything which comes up as a umass device
    when it's plugged in.

    Likewise for any which use memory cards of varying flavours providing you
    have a suitable card reader.

    --
    DaveG
    To the optimist, the glass is half full.

  3. Re: portable mp3 players

    DaveG writes:

    > On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:43:11 -0400, Understudy wrote:
    >
    >> Which portable (hardware) mp3 players work with FreeBSD 6.2 besides ipod
    >> and rio?

    > In the case of USB connectibles, anything which comes up as a umass device
    > when it's plugged in.

    Except Sony, which works fine as a umass device, but refuses to play
    music installed that way. With Sony's "DRM" record (pardon the pun),
    anybody buying from Sony probably deserves the disaster they get. In
    my case, I think I have to plead temporary insanity.

    My experience (I use MP3 players exclusively in the gym, where small
    and light are advantages, but large capacity isn't) indicates that
    cheaper devices are actually more convenient than expensive ones,
    because they have fewer cool features that I don't use.

+ Reply to Thread