FreeBSD 6.2 Install Problem (and Solution) - BSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 6.2 Install Problem (and Solution) - BSD ; Just thought I'd share this... Installing FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 version (onto AMD64 machine of course) and the boot process stops with: panic: ohci_add_done: not found The other messages just before seemed to indicate that it had something to do with ...

  1. FreeBSD 6.2 Install Problem (and Solution)

    Just thought I'd share this...

    Installing FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 version (onto AMD64 machine of course)
    and the boot process stops with:

    panic: ohci_add_done: <0x...some address> not found

    The other messages just before seemed to indicate that it had
    something to do with USB.

    I upgraded the bios (Phoenix/Award bios) to the latest version but
    that didn't help.

    My only USB device is the keyboard, but I don't have a USB to PS/2
    adapter handy. So I booted without the keyboard plugged in (no error)
    then when I got to the install menu, I re-plugged the keyboard in AND
    IT WORKED.

    Just need to get this thing to the point when I can use SSH with it
    then I'll ditch the keyboard.

  2. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 Install Problem (and Solution)

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:40:21 -0000, don.barthel@gmail.com wrote:
    : My only USB device is the keyboard, but I don't have a USB to PS/2
    : adapter handy. So I booted without the keyboard plugged in (no error)
    : then when I got to the install menu, I re-plugged the keyboard in AND
    : IT WORKED.

    ASUS motherboard?

+ Reply to Thread