FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw - BSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw - BSD ; I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the imap-uw documentation, I need to change ...

  1. FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the
    imap-uw documentation, I need to change the base path in env_unix.c.

    I went in and changed it, but each time I do a "make" on the port, it
    clobbers the env_unix.c with the env_unix.c in the tarball. I've also
    tried changing down to a lower directory and manually making the
    program, but there are so many environment variables that aren't set by
    doing so that it absolutely won't compile.

    My questions are as follows:

    1) What's the magic trick I need to do to get it to compile, but not
    copy over my edited file?

    2) I'm not married to imap-uw, and would consider any other
    recommendations on imap servers in the ports tree.

    Thanks!

    -->Neil

  2. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    Neil Bradley wrote:
    > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    > collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    > reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the
    > imap-uw documentation, I need to change the base path in env_unix.c.
    >
    > I went in and changed it, but each time I do a "make" on the port, it
    > clobbers the env_unix.c with the env_unix.c in the tarball. I've also
    > tried changing down to a lower directory and manually making the
    > program, but there are so many environment variables that aren't set by
    > doing so that it absolutely won't compile.
    >
    > My questions are as follows:
    >
    > 1) What's the magic trick I need to do to get it to compile, but not
    > copy over my edited file?

    Put your changes in a patch file and the port will apply them:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...low-patch.html

    Of course you'll have to watch that your changes don't get wiped out
    when you update your ports tree.

  3. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    Neil Bradley wrote:

    > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    > collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    > reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the

    [...]
    > 2) I'm not married to imap-uw, and would consider any other
    > recommendations on imap servers in the ports tree.

    Unbiased, I use dovecot.
    http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation

    HTH, Helmut

  4. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    Neil Bradley wrote in newsi1wi.6586$Ns6.5840
    @trnddc01:

    > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    > collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    > reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the
    > imap-uw documentation, I need to change the base path in env_unix.c.

    Or create a subdirectory in your home directory (e.g. IMAP) and put this
    name in your client's mailbox reference.

    Regards,
    Frank

  5. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    Neil Bradley wrote:
    > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    > collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    > reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the
    > imap-uw documentation, I need to change the base path in env_unix.c.

    Or write a c-client.cf, format is documented in (this is run-time,
    not compile-time):

    I think you are seeking:
    set mail-subdirectory

    (and don't forget to include "I accept the risk" as the first line.

    cu
    Clemens.
    --
    /"\ http://czauner.onlineloop.com/
    \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

  6. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    On Aug 13, 1:21 pm, Neil Bradley wrote:
    > I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and have installed imap-uw out of the ports
    > collection. Everything runs OK, however the home directory that imap-uw
    > reports to the client is the user's home directory. According to the
    > imap-uw documentation, I need to change the base path in env_unix.c.
    >
    > I went in and changed it, but each time I do a "make" on the port, it
    > clobbers the env_unix.c with the env_unix.c in the tarball. I've also
    > tried changing down to a lower directory and manually making the
    > program, but there are so many environment variables that aren't set by
    > doing so that it absolutely won't compile.
    >
    > My questions are as follows:
    >
    > 1) What's the magic trick I need to do to get it to compile, but not
    > copy over my edited file?
    >
    > 2) I'm not married to imap-uw, and would consider any other
    > recommendations on imap servers in the ports tree.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > -->Neil

    I don't understand. What is the problem with this ?

  7. Re: FreeBSD 6.2 and imap-uw

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:53:18 -0000, Brent Bolin wrote:
    > > My questions are as follows:
    > >
    > > 1) What's the magic trick I need to do to get it to compile, but not
    > > copy over my edited file?
    > >
    > > 2) I'm not married to imap-uw, and would consider any other
    > > recommendations on imap servers in the ports tree.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > -->Neil

    > I don't understand. What is the problem with this ?

    Have a look at .

    Regards,
    --
    Th. Thomas.