Disk geometry question... - BSD

This is a discussion on Disk geometry question... - BSD ; Hello, I've tried asking this question of freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org but there seems to be a problem with my subscription. I get the following error message: "Helo command rejected" even though I continue to *receive* messages from the list. (I had, at ...

  1. Disk geometry question...

    Hello,

    I've tried asking this question of freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org but
    there seems to be a problem with my subscription. I get the
    following error message: "Helo command rejected" even though I
    continue to *receive* messages from the list. (I had, at one
    time (several months ago) been able to post but not, apparently,
    now.

    If this is not of general interest, please feel free to "reply to
    sender"; "Reply-To" is properly set.

    Anyway, the question I hope someone can help with is this:
    How can I learn the disk geometry that the BIOS uses on a lenovo
    thinkpad T60?

    I've repartitioned the hard drive with partition magic but when I
    boot with the freeBSD 6.2 installation CD, it complains something
    to the effect that the geometry doesn't appear to be right and
    that I should check what the BIOS thinks it is.

    The T60 has windows xp running on it at present.

    Thank you for any help.

    --
    Charlie Sorsby
    crs@swcp.com

  2. Re: Disk geometry question...

    On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:03:31 +0000, Charlie Sorsby wrote:

    > If this is not of general interest, please feel free to "reply to
    > sender"; "Reply-To" is properly set.

    IIRC your "From:" address must match the subscribed address.

    --
    DaveG
    To the optimist, the glass is half full.

  3. Re: Disk geometry question...

    =
    = > If this is not of general interest, please feel free to "reply to
    = > sender"; "Reply-To" is properly set.
    =
    = IIRC your "From:" address must match the subscribed address.

    Please see also a more recent post on the matter of disk geometry
    but to respond to you comment, I have gone to the web site and
    logged on (which it *does* permit me to do) and changed the address
    of the subscription to match the from "From:" address.

    It still will not allow me to post; will not even allow my sendmail
    to connect (although I don't recall the exact wording of the error
    message -- it's been a while since I've bothered to try).

    --
    Charlie Sorsby
    crs@swcp.com

+ Reply to Thread