Screensavers available in text mode - BSD

This is a discussion on Screensavers available in text mode - BSD ; I have recently discovered that I can use some screensavers in text mode , not on the shell, but before starting X. I am using FreeBSD6.1, I have found three screensavers available, "snake","daemon" and "blank" they are all included in ...

  1. Screensavers available in text mode

    I have recently discovered that I can use some screensavers in text mode
    , not on the shell, but before starting X.

    I am using FreeBSD6.1, I have found three screensavers available,
    "snake","daemon" and "blank" they are all included in FreeBSD by
    default, just had to change some setting in rc.conf to activate them.

    Anybody knows what other screensavers I can use that come already
    included with a default FreeBSD installation?

    I have searched the FreeBSD handbook with the words "screensaver" and
    "snake" but nothings comes up.

  2. Re: Screensavers available in text mode

    Fretu wrote:
    > I am using FreeBSD6.1, I have found three screensavers available,
    > "snake","daemon" and "blank" they are all included in FreeBSD by default,
    > just had to change some setting in rc.conf to activate them.
    >
    > Anybody knows what other screensavers I can use that come already included
    > with a default FreeBSD installation?

    According to my source tree: dragon, fade, fire, green, logo, rain, star and
    warp also exist. Check src/sys/dev/syscons.

    - Philip

    --
    Philip Paeps Please don't email any replies
    philip@paeps.cx I follow the newsgroup.

    232. You start conversations with, "Have you gotten an ISDN line?"

+ Reply to Thread