Hi,

I'm trying to get network access to an old laptop with FreeBSD 6.2
freshly installed. I know that this laptop and the pcmcia NIC/s that I'm
trying have worked in the past (a while ago).

However when I boot up, even without any pcmcia cards inserted, dmesg
tells me:

cbb0: mem 0x10211000-0x10211fff at device
2.0 on pci0
cardbus0: on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
device_attach: cbb0 attach returned 12
cbb0: mem 0x10210000-0x10210fff at device
2.1 on pci0
cardbus1: on cbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
device_attach: cbb1 attach returned 12

When I had this same set up working a long time ago I'm pretty sure
there was no extra mucking around involved getting the network cards to
work. Nowhere in the BIOS are there any PCMCIA settings (although there
is one "test" feature, which reports that the slots are working)

I haven't found anything helpful on Google.

So is the laptop finally kaput or is there something I need to learn
about to make this work? Has something relevant changed in FreeBSD since
I tried it on this laptop last?

Hope you can help. Thanks very much!

Brett