How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac? - BSD

This is a discussion on How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac? - BSD ; I use an intel core dual iMac and an intel core 2 dual MacBook. I want to install a FreeBSD on one of them. Better is to install it on the iMac. Any one have some suggestions? How to do?...

  1. How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac?

    I use an intel core dual iMac and an intel core 2 dual MacBook. I
    want to install a FreeBSD on one of them. Better is to install it on
    the iMac.

    Any one have some suggestions? How to do?

  2. Re: How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac?

    In article ,
    Matthew Zhou wrote:

    > I use an intel core dual iMac and an intel core 2 dual MacBook. I
    > want to install a FreeBSD on one of them. Better is to install it on
    > the iMac.
    >
    > Any one have some suggestions? How to do?

    As far as I can tell, you'll need to install Apple's Bootcamp first (and
    so keeping a Mac OS X installed somewhere on the HD).

    patpro

    --
    http://www.patpro.net/

  3. Re: How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac?

    patpro ~ Patrick Proniewski wrote:

    > As far as I can tell, you'll need to install Apple's Bootcamp first

    Or you can use rEFIt.
    http://refit.sourceforge.net/

    And there are two FreeBSD platforms you can choose from. FreeBSD/i386 and
    FreeBSD/amd64. These both work on the core2duo processors, the first in
    32bit mode, the other in 64bit mode. Pick your flavour and enjoy!

    Regards,
    Keve

    --
    if you need to reply directly:
    keve(at)mail(dot)poliod(dot)hu

  4. Re: How to install a FreeBSD on Intel-based Mac?

    In article <57cecvF2be3khU1@mid.individual.net>,
    Keve Nagy wrote:

    > patpro ~ Patrick Proniewski wrote:
    >
    > > As far as I can tell, you'll need to install Apple's Bootcamp first

    > Or you can use rEFIt.
    > http://refit.sourceforge.net/

    nice, never heard of it ! thanks

    patpro