how to read a db file? - BSD

This is a discussion on how to read a db file? - BSD ; Hello, I am looking to fix a problem running Mail Avenger. To do so, I need to read the /etc/mail/virtusertable.db Someone told me about db_dump185 from the Berkeley package... I installed the ports/databases/db44/ but it does not containt this command... ...

  1. how to read a db file?

    Hello,

    I am looking to fix a problem running Mail Avenger. To do so, I need to read
    the /etc/mail/virtusertable.db

    Someone told me about db_dump185 from the Berkeley package... I installed
    the ports/databases/db44/ but it does not containt this command...

    If not with this command (db_dump185), how can I read the virtusertable.db
    file and grep the recipient in it?

    I use FreeBSD 6.2.
    Thanks in advance!
    --
    Mark

  2. Re: how to read a db file?

    In article Mark Vasles
    writes:

    >I am looking to fix a problem running Mail Avenger. To do so, I need to read
    >the /etc/mail/virtusertable.db

    You should have the source text file, i.e. /etc/mail/virtusertable -
    wouldn't it be simpler to just look at that?:-) If you have managed to
    lose it, you can generally get it back with

    makemap -u hash /etc/mail/virtusertable

    (in very rare circumstances, you may need to use 'btree' instead of
    'hash').

    --Per Hedeland
    per@hedeland.org

+ Reply to Thread