nvidia -ports (system lockup) - BSD

This is a discussion on nvidia -ports (system lockup) - BSD ; Yes, compiling the nvidia port locks up my freebsd 6.2 release system. Hardware reset to restart. Some files lost/damaged after fsck....

  1. nvidia -ports (system lockup)

    Yes, compiling the nvidia port locks up my freebsd 6.2 release
    system. Hardware reset to restart. Some files lost/damaged after
    fsck.

  2. Re: nvidia -ports (system lockup)

    In , on Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:13:46 +0000,
    David P wrote:
    > Yes, compiling the nvidia port locks up my freebsd 6.2 release
    > system. Hardware reset to restart. Some files lost/damaged after
    > fsck.

    6.1 here. Nvidia portupgrade finishes, machine
    reboots itself. No damage to file system though.
    I only upgrade that port when I plan to reboot anyway.

  3. Re: nvidia -ports (system lockup)

    In , on Sun, 18 Mar 2007
    11:54:33 -0400, Steve Ackman wrote:
    > In , on Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:13:46 +0000,
    > David P wrote:
    >> Yes, compiling the nvidia port locks up my freebsd 6.2 release
    >> system. Hardware reset to restart. Some files lost/damaged after
    >> fsck.

    > 6.1 here. Nvidia portupgrade finishes, machine
    > reboots itself. No damage to file system though.
    > I only upgrade that port when I plan to reboot anyway.

    Well... I guess that's been fixed. I just did a
    portupgrade on x11/nvidia-driver in order to get the
    machine to reboot and it didn't. Looks like they've
    fixed whatever bug was appearing on my CyrixIII.

+ Reply to Thread