make install -> pkgdb - BSD

This is a discussion on make install -> pkgdb - BSD ; Hi, I'd like to compile a soft which is not ported to FreeBSD but I need databases infos to be generated to easily deinstall or reinstall it (pkgdb). How can I do ? Do I need to create a package ...

  1. make install -> pkgdb

    Hi,

    I'd like to compile a soft which is not ported to FreeBSD but I need
    databases infos to be generated to easily deinstall or reinstall it (pkgdb).

    How can I do ?
    Do I need to create a package before installing ?

    --
    Atmos French FreeBSD user under 6.2 stable.

  2. Re: make install -> pkgdb

    Atmos wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to compile a soft which is not ported to FreeBSD but I need
    > databases infos to be generated to easily deinstall or reinstall it
    > (pkgdb).
    >
    > How can I do ?
    > Do I need to create a package before installing ?

    Why don't you create a port of it?
    Check out the Porter's Handbook at the web site.
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

+ Reply to Thread