Seamonkey and Firefox - BSD

This is a discussion on Seamonkey and Firefox - BSD ; Maybe it is just my imagination, but it looks like Seamonkey is running better on FreeBSD than Firefox. Comparing Seamonkey 1.0 and Firefox 1.5. SeaMonkey seems more responsive.... DG...

  1. Seamonkey and Firefox

    Maybe it is just my imagination, but it looks like Seamonkey is running
    better on FreeBSD than Firefox. Comparing Seamonkey 1.0 and Firefox
    1.5. SeaMonkey seems more responsive....

    DG

  2. Re: Seamonkey and Firefox

    You're right. I'm running 6.2-Release and I guess Firefox might be a little
    bigger than older versions. It compiles in half the time as
    Seamonkey,though. I have a neighbor who uses FreeBSD and swears by Firefox.

    --
    Delete the "REMOVE" and "DELETE" from my email address.

  3. Re: Seamonkey and Firefox

    Drazen Gemic wrote:
    > Maybe it is just my imagination, but it looks like Seamonkey is running
    > better on FreeBSD than Firefox. Comparing Seamonkey 1.0 and Firefox
    > 1.5. SeaMonkey seems more responsive....

    I switched from Seamonkey to Firefox a few months ago, and don't see
    much difference. Firefox might be a little faster.

  4. Re: Seamonkey and Firefox

    > > 1.5. SeaMonkey seems more responsive....I switched from Seamonkey to Firefox a few months ago, and don't see
    > much difference. Firefox might be a little faster.

    Well, I just switched the other way. Rendering seems to be equal, but
    startup and response to menu and button (GUI) clicks seems to be
    faster in Seamonkey. As if it is lighter, somehow.

    DG

+ Reply to Thread