web browsers on AMD64 - BSD

This is a discussion on web browsers on AMD64 - BSD ; I just bought an AMD64 HP Pavilion and installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 on it. Most of my applications work but when I start Mozilla or Seamonkey, nothing happens. I get no error messages. When I do a "which mozilla", it ...

  1. web browsers on AMD64

    I just bought an AMD64 HP Pavilion and installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 on
    it. Most of my applications work but when I start Mozilla or Seamonkey,
    nothing happens. I get no error messages. When I do a "which mozilla",
    it shows the path to the program. I've installed the programs with
    sysinstall and by compiling the port.

    Any ideas why the programs don't start?

  2. Re: web browsers on AMD64

    Joel Mosher schreef:
    > I just bought an AMD64 HP Pavilion and installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 on
    > it. Most of my applications work but when I start Mozilla or Seamonkey,
    > nothing happens. I get no error messages. When I do a "which mozilla",
    > it shows the path to the program. I've installed the programs with
    > sysinstall and by compiling the port.
    >
    > Any ideas why the programs don't start?

    Try to run firefox the first time as root.
    When firefox starts, fine.
    Close firefox en run it again as user.

    --
    Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be,
    is like ****ting in your pants because that's where your asshole

    http://www.essetee.be

  3. Re: web browsers on AMD64

    Serge Terryn wrote:
    > Joel Mosher schreef:
    >> I just bought an AMD64 HP Pavilion and installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 on
    >> it. Most of my applications work but when I start Mozilla or Seamonkey,
    >> nothing happens. I get no error messages. When I do a "which mozilla",
    >> it shows the path to the program. I've installed the programs with
    >> sysinstall and by compiling the port.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why the programs don't start?

    > Try to run firefox the first time as root.
    > When firefox starts, fine.
    > Close firefox en run it again as user.

    Thanks, that worked. After I ran it as root, I looked and my .Mozilla
    directory was owned by root. I changed it back to my account and the
    browser started fine.

+ Reply to Thread