Freebox and Tv - BSD

This is a discussion on Freebox and Tv - BSD ; Hie all, I don't know if there are French Freebox users on this newsgroup but i try. I'm usinf packet filter on my Freebsd Box, and i can't access to the free tv on my box by vlc. i'v tried ...

  1. Freebox and Tv

    Hie all,

    I don't know if there are French Freebox users on this newsgroup but i try.

    I'm usinf packet filter on my Freebsd Box, and i can't access to the
    free tv on my box by vlc.

    i'v tried this in my pf.conf:

    pass in on $ext_if proto {udp, tcp } from 212.27.38.253 to $ext_if

    whereis 212.27.38.253 is freeplayer.freebox.fr.

    Nothing seems to happen.

    I hope someone could help me.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Mike

  2. Re: Freebox and Tv

    "[Mike]" a écrit :

    > Hie all,
    >
    > I don't know if there are French Freebox users on this newsgroup but i try.

    Yes, but I can't be of any help, regarding to your packet filter problem.

    Sorry.

    --
    Fred.

  3. Re: Freebox and Tv

    "[Mike]" writes:

    Hi,

    > pass in on $ext_if proto {udp, tcp } from 212.27.38.253 to $ext_if
    > whereis 212.27.38.253 is freeplayer.freebox.fr.
    > Nothing seems to happen.

    I'd try to make pf log all blocked packets :
    block in log all

    And I'd capture traffic from/to freeplayer.freebox.fr

    It should then be easy to find out why VLC can't work.

    Freenews forums & Free usenet groups can give some interesting tips
    regarding this subject too

    --
    C'est pas pour dire, mais j'ai dû mal avoir à quel objet précis se
    rapportent ce forum dans les newsgroup du web.

  4. Re: Freebox and Tv

    Eric Masson wrote:
    > "[Mike]" writes:
    >
    > Hi,
    >

    >>pass in on $ext_if proto {udp, tcp } from 212.27.38.253 to $ext_if
    >>whereis 212.27.38.253 is freeplayer.freebox.fr.
    >>Nothing seems to happen.

    > I'd try to make pf log all blocked packets :
    > block in log all
    >
    > And I'd capture traffic from/to freeplayer.freebox.fr
    >
    > It should then be easy to find out why VLC can't work.
    >
    > Freenews forums & Free usenet groups can give some interesting tips
    > regarding this subject too

    ok thx

    --
    Mike

  5. Re: Freebox and Tv

    [Mike] wrote:
    > Hie all,
    >
    > I don't know if there are French Freebox users on this newsgroup but i try.
    >
    > I'm usinf packet filter on my Freebsd Box, and i can't access to the
    > free tv on my box by vlc.
    >
    > i'v tried this in my pf.conf:
    >
    > pass in on $ext_if proto {udp, tcp } from 212.27.38.253 to $ext_if
    >
    > whereis 212.27.38.253 is freeplayer.freebox.fr.
    >
    > Nothing seems to happen.

    Same for me, even without any filtering. It may be that you need to
    subscribe to TV (gratis) before being able to see it, or that you have
    to weak signal to catch it (probably bith apply to me). I have not
    researched more since i get TV fine with an antenna :-)

    > I hope someone could help me.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  6. Re: Freebox and Tv

    [Mike] wrote:

    > Hie all,

    Hello,

    this is what I'm using :

    vlc_server="212.27.38.253"
    player_port = "8080"
    # autoriser les connexions entrantes pour freeplayer
    pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from $mafreebox to any \
    port $player_port flags S/SA keep state
    # autoriser les connexions entrantes pour TV multiposte
    pass in on $ext_if proto udp from $vlc_server to any keep state

    TfH

    --
    retirez les "------%------" pour une adresse correcte

  7. Re: Freebox and Tv

    Thierry Herbelot wrote:
    > [Mike] wrote:
    >
    >> Hie all,
    >>

    > Hello,
    >
    > this is what I'm using :
    >
    > vlc_server="212.27.38.253"
    > player_port = "8080"
    > # autoriser les connexions entrantes pour freeplayer
    > pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from $mafreebox to any \
    > port $player_port flags S/SA keep state

    what is the value of $myfreebox??

    > # autoriser les connexions entrantes pour TV multiposte
    > pass in on $ext_if proto udp from $vlc_server to any keep state

    i just try this line but i got this error:
    main input error: no suitable access module for
    `rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/203`

    when i put http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u in
    file->open File.

    > TfH

    thx you

    --
    Mike

  8. Re: Freebox and Tv

    Btw,

    Mike wrote:

    main input error: no suitable access module for
    > `rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/203`
    >

    > when i put http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u in
    > file->open File.

    In case you get it working, see also

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/medi...eo/vnd-mpegurl

    Well, some players come with hardcoded extensions..

    See also Apaches mime.types file.

    H.

+ Reply to Thread