[ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD - BSD

This is a discussion on [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD - BSD ; Season's Greetings! Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that performs well enough to deal with PBX requirements and also flexible enough for complex Gateway and IVR solutions. WWW: http://YATE.null.ro/ The yate has now also been ...

  1. [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

    Season's Greetings!

    Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that
    performs well enough to deal with PBX requirements and also flexible
    enough for complex Gateway and IVR solutions.

    WWW: http://YATE.null.ro/

    The yate has now also been ported for FreeBSD, I don't have resources to
    test, it however is possible to build the same on other *BSD systems too.

    To install the ports download:
    http://cto.homelinux.net/pub/FreeBSD/ports/yate.tar.bz2
    and http://cto.homelinux.net/pub/FreeBSD...-devel.tar.bz2

    To extract:
    # tar jxvf yate.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/net
    # tar jxvf spandsp.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/comms
    # cd /usr/ports/net/yate
    # make install

    or

    # make package

    To update your csup and, or cvsup refuse file:

    # cat <>/usr/ports/refuse
    comms/spandsp-devel*
    net/yate*
    EOT

    A yate ports collection for FreeBSD created by Alex Rodin 'alex DOT
    rodin AT gmail DOT com' is also/already available in the yate mailiing
    list archive.

    Kindly note, that this one is different and also includes, though small,
    but the following enhancements over the latest CVS head:

    * On Unix systems yate daemon tries to run under normal uid and, or gid.
    * Support for aliases is added to module regfile; check status now
    shows aliases as 'alias->number'.
    * The cdrbuild module formats date/time in human readable form (this
    can also be useful for PostgreSQL and, or other database modules).
    * The status now shows iport for remote connections in the rmanager
    module.
    * Updated and, or upto-date manpages, README and INSTALL files.

    I'm not that much expert in H323, SIP, IAX and other such protocols and,
    or PSTN technology, so I request you to please post your relevant and,
    or technical questions to Null Team; the creators of yate --
    http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.MailList

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Anu's Linux@HOME Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix

  2. Re: [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

    Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman wrote:
    > Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that
    > performs well enough to deal with PBX requirements and also flexible
    > enough for complex Gateway and IVR solutions.
    >
    > WWW: http://YATE.null.ro/

    Interesting.
    Does anyone know how it compares to Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/)?
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

  3. Re: [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

    On 12/23/2006 04:53 AM, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
    > Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman wrote:
    >> Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that
    >> performs well enough to deal with PBX requirements and also flexible
    >> enough for complex Gateway and IVR solutions.
    >>
    >> WWW: http://YATE.null.ro/

    > Interesting.
    > Does anyone know how it compares to Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/)?

    No exactly what you are looking for, but
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/...ossvoip_1.html can
    somewhat be helpful; I think, people who are working for and, or
    contributing to both of these may provide better answers.

    OTOH, Yate (though this should not hurt OpenPBX and, or FreeSWITCH) like
    OpenPBX is not fork of Asterisk and nor is mess like FreeSWITCH, but was
    cleanly developed from scratch and is much more flexible:
    http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/index.php...n.Architecture
    http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.WhyYate?

    Anu's Linux@HOME Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix

  4. Re: [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

    Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman wrote:
    > OpenPBX is not fork of Asterisk and nor is mess like FreeSWITCH, but was
    > cleanly developed from scratch and is much more flexible:

    More flexible than Asterisk? in what way?

    JY

  5. Re: [ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

    On 12/26/2006 07:19 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
    > Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman wrote:
    >> OpenPBX is not fork of Asterisk and nor is mess like FreeSWITCH, but was
    >> cleanly developed from scratch and is much more flexible:

    > More flexible than Asterisk? in what way?

    Because of its message passing system --