SATA PCI card - BSD

This is a discussion on SATA PCI card - BSD ; Hi, Can anyone tell me which SATA PCI card is supported by FreeBSD (6) ? I want to get a new SATA 400GB HDD for my Pentium III server, is there any problem of having the SATA PCI card and ...

  1. SATA PCI card

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me which SATA PCI card is supported by FreeBSD (6) ?
    I want to get a new SATA 400GB HDD for my Pentium III server, is there
    any problem of having the SATA PCI card and a SATA 400GB HDD (Western
    digital) and this Pentium III motherboard to work with FreeBSD?

    Thanks

  2. Re: SATA PCI card

    Pet Farrari wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me which SATA PCI card is supported by FreeBSD (6) ?
    > I want to get a new SATA 400GB HDD for my Pentium III server, is there
    > any problem of having the SATA PCI card and a SATA 400GB HDD (Western
    > digital) and this Pentium III motherboard to work with FreeBSD?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello,

    I've got here a Promise SATA PCI board, which works fine with an oldish
    Pentium-III motherboard, under FreeBSD 6.2-prerelease

    TfH

    --
    retirez les "------%------" pour une adresse correcte

  3. Re: SATA PCI card

    Thierry Herbelot wrote:
    > Pet Farrari wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me which SATA PCI card is supported by FreeBSD (6) ?
    >> I want to get a new SATA 400GB HDD for my Pentium III server, is there
    >> any problem of having the SATA PCI card and a SATA 400GB HDD (Western
    >> digital) and this Pentium III motherboard to work with FreeBSD?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've got here a Promise SATA PCI board, which works fine with an oldish
    > Pentium-III motherboard, under FreeBSD 6.2-prerelease
    >
    > TfH

    Thank you for the quick reply. I will make an order on this card.

    Thanks