amd behavior - BSD

This is a discussion on amd behavior - BSD ; Please help me understand amd behavior. I am automounting USB stick in a way that every user can read and write. I do it by putting this lines in /etc/amd.map localhost/stick type:=program;fs:=/amt/stick;\ mount:="/sbin/mount_msdosfs mount_msdosfs -m 0777 /dev/da0s1 /amt/stick";\ unmount:="/sbin/umount umount ...

  1. amd behavior

    Please help me understand amd behavior.

    I am automounting USB stick in a way that every user can read and write.
    I do it by putting this lines in /etc/amd.map

    localhost/stick type:=program;fs:=/amt/stick;\
    mount:="/sbin/mount_msdosfs mount_msdosfs -m 0777 /dev/da0s1 /amt/stick";\
    unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /amt/stick"

    There is a symlink

    /media/stick -> /host/localhost/stick

    When I access /media/stick for the first time,
    everything works fine, stick get mounted.

    But, it won't unmount by itself. I can unmount it
    by using umount /amt/stick, but amd does not mount
    it any more after that.

    I have tried to remove corresponding /etc/fstab entry,
    but it does not help.

    DG

  2. Re: amd behavior

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:43:02 +0100, User Anyone user wrote:

    > Please help me understand amd behavior.

    I am sorry, it seems to work, but it ignores -w 5 switch
    for stick only.

    I get my CD unmounted after 5 seconds, but I need to wait
    default 2 minutes for stick........Can anyone explain that ?

    DG

  3. Re: amd behavior

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:07:59 +0100, User Anyone user wrote:

    The amd flag -c 5 did the trick. Still don't understand the logic behind
    it ....

    DG

+ Reply to Thread