Micha?l Gr?newald wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am curious on how administrators transfer to user the competence for
> mounting/dismounting removeable devices entries (floppies, cdroms, and
> usb sticks, mainly) ans also to power down/reboot the workstation.

Not a FreeBSD user currently but... you should be able to use amd
(the automount daemon) to manage removable media. See amd(8).
On the other side it depends on RPC, am I wrong? These are no good
news.

Another way to power down the workstation would be enabling ACPI,
don't know how good is support for ACPI right now (and it depends
on the platform you are using, of course!)

Igor.