Reading FreeBSD HDD - BSD

This is a discussion on Reading FreeBSD HDD - BSD ; Hello, Probably the wrong newsgroup to ask in...... But I have an old FreeBSD HDD which I would like to stick in a HDD caddy and recover the data from, Are they any Windows programs which will read the FreeBSD ...

  1. Reading FreeBSD HDD

    Hello,

    Probably the wrong newsgroup to ask in......

    But I have an old FreeBSD HDD which I would like to stick in a HDD caddy and
    recover the data from,

    Are they any Windows programs which will read the FreeBSD drive?...

    Many thanks,

    Shaun

    --
    -
    Shaun Okeefe

  2. Re: Reading FreeBSD HDD

    simba@actcom.co.il wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Probably the wrong newsgroup to ask in......
    >
    > But I have an old FreeBSD HDD which I would like to stick in a HDD caddy and
    > recover the data from,
    >
    > Are they any Windows programs which will read the FreeBSD drive?...
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Shaun

    A possible strategy would be to insert the caddy into the machine and
    then boot that machine with a FreeBSD bootable CD. You could then mount
    the old disk as read only and transfer its contents to a Windows server
    using mount_smbfs. You could use the live filesystem CD image from the
    FreeBSD project or one of the CD-based distributions like Freesbie or
    PC-BSD.

    Tim Daneliuk tundra@tundraware.com
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

+ Reply to Thread