How do you enable dual core on Athlon64 X2 - BSD

This is a discussion on How do you enable dual core on Athlon64 X2 - BSD ; Is it just a matter of building a kernel with: options SMP Will that do the trick? TIA........

  1. How do you enable dual core on Athlon64 X2

    Is it just a matter of building a kernel with:
    options SMP <~~~~~~# Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

    Will that do the trick?

    TIA.....

  2. Re: How do you enable dual core on Athlon64 X2

    On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:11:04 -0500, Test User wrote:

    > Is it just a matter of building a kernel with:
    > options SMP <~~~~~~# Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
    >
    > Will that do the trick?

    From memory, yup. That's all it takes.

    Alternatively, rebuild with KERNCONF=SMP in /etc/make.conf (the SMP config
    file is exactly:

    include GENERIC
    options SMP

    Personally (I run an AMD64-X2 myself) if I'm going to go to the extent of
    tweaking make.conf to point to a specific kernel, then I'll make my own
    copy of GENERIC (named after hostname, as is the tradition), add "options
    SMP" to it, and then proceed to tweak it as I see fit...

    Cheers,

    --
    Andrew

+ Reply to Thread