6,1 and Java CLASSPATH - BSD

This is a discussion on 6,1 and Java CLASSPATH - BSD ; Hello. I've just discovered that there is a Java-wrapper in FreeBSD. Are there any issues regarding setting the classpath that I should be aware of? My $CLASSPATH in the TCSH is set to point to a .jar file that is ...

  1. 6,1 and Java CLASSPATH

    Hello.

    I've just discovered that there is a Java-wrapper in FreeBSD. Are there
    any issues regarding setting the classpath that I should be aware of? My
    $CLASSPATH in the TCSH is set to point to a .jar file that is required
    (in addition to . and the default) but my app still reports
    "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError". So the class simply is not in my path.
    (I've tried the same .jar on other OS', and it works fine on these)

    Thanks.

    Ronny Mandal

  2. Re: 6,1 and Java CLASSPATH

    Ronny Mandal wrote:
    >I've just discovered that there is a Java-wrapper in FreeBSD. Are there
    >any issues regarding setting the classpath that I should be aware of?

    javavm is not supposed to touch CLASSPATH. You can test it yourself by
    executing 'sh -x /usr/local/bin/java -version'.

    Perhaps you set the path wronglyu in tcsh? Either e.g. 'set CLASSPATH=(.)'
    or 'setenv CLASSPATH "."'

    After 10 years I still can't say that Java[TM] works well, but it works,
    even on FreeBSD.

    scs

+ Reply to Thread