binutils help - BSD

This is a discussion on binutils help - BSD ; Hi there, I am a student and I got a project to write a compiler to virtual architecture. It has some commands (ADD, ADDI, MOVE, etc.). I tried first to find the place where I should insert my code in ...

  1. binutils help

    Hi there,
    I am a student and I got a project to write a compiler to virtual
    architecture.
    It has some commands (ADD, ADDI, MOVE, etc.).
    I tried first to find the place where I should insert my code in the
    biutils project.
    It was hard especially since I couldn't find any documentation.

    Please try to help me.
    Where should I start?
    Are there any documenatation that can help and make it easier?

    Thanks a lot!
    Hagit

  2. Re: binutils help

    On 7 Dec 2006 14:21:00 -0800
    "hagit" wrote:

    > Hi there,
    > I am a student and I got a project to write a compiler to virtual
    > architecture.
    > It has some commands (ADD, ADDI, MOVE, etc.).

    Okay.

    > I tried first to find the place where I should insert my code in the
    > biutils project.

    This sounds like you dont know where to start, okay. Do you really
    are asked to INSERT code?

    > It was hard especially since I couldn't find any documentation.

    You want to build a compiler and dont know where to find docs?

    > Please try to help me.
    > Where should I start?

    Some more studies.

    > Are there any documenatation that can help and make it easier?

    Sorry when my post sounds sarcastic but take a look at the local library.

    > Thanks a lot!
    > Hagit

    Best regards,

    Stefan

  3. Re: binutils help

    Stefan Ollermann wrote:
    > On 7 Dec 2006 14:21:00 -0800
    > "hagit" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there,
    > > I am a student and I got a project to write a compiler to virtual
    > > architecture.
    > > It has some commands (ADD, ADDI, MOVE, etc.).

    > Okay.
    >
    > > I tried first to find the place where I should insert my code in the
    > > biutils project.

    > This sounds like you dont know where to start, okay. Do you really
    > are asked to INSERT code?

    Yes.
    the idea is to be part of the GCC

    > > It was hard especially since I couldn't find any documentation.

    > You want to build a compiler and dont know where to find docs?

    OK,
    I wanted to know if there is something that I couldn't find myself.
    Of couse I found the standard docs....
    You know what,
    I thought that I would be lucky and have something really new from any
    angel in the net

    > > Please try to help me.
    > > Where should I start?

    > Some more studies.

    I am working on it.
    Beleive me!!!!!

    > > Are there any documenatation that can help and make it easier?

    > Sorry when my post sounds sarcastic but take a look at the local library.

    Just did.
    thanks.

    Do you have more tips?

    > > Thanks a lot!