Do I need IPV6FIREWALL? - BSD

This is a discussion on Do I need IPV6FIREWALL? - BSD ; Hi all, I'm using FreeBSD6.1RELEASE-p10 and I'm looking into getting on the IPv6 net (using stf interface) I have IPFIREWALL compiled into my kernel and I know that IPFIREWALL supports IPv6 ... now my questions: 1) Can I use IPFIREWALL ...

  1. Do I need IPV6FIREWALL?

    Hi all,

    I'm using FreeBSD6.1RELEASE-p10 and I'm looking into getting on the IPv6 net
    (using stf interface) I have IPFIREWALL compiled into my kernel and I know
    that IPFIREWALL supports IPv6 ... now my questions:

    1) Can I use IPFIREWALL or do I need IP6FIREWALL?
    2) Does natd support IPv6? Or do I need some other solution to support NAT
    on IPv6?

    TIA

    Bert Moorthaemer

  2. Re: Do I need IPV6FIREWALL?

    Anyone?

    TIA

    Bert.

    "Bert Moorthaemer" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm using FreeBSD6.1RELEASE-p10 and I'm looking into getting on the IPv6
    > net (using stf interface) I have IPFIREWALL compiled into my kernel and I
    > know that IPFIREWALL supports IPv6 ... now my questions:
    >
    > 1) Can I use IPFIREWALL or do I need IP6FIREWALL?
    > 2) Does natd support IPv6? Or do I need some other solution to support NAT
    > on IPv6?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Bert Moorthaemer

+ Reply to Thread