anybody moin moin? - BSD

This is a discussion on anybody moin moin? - BSD ; Hello, I just installed the port moin moin, unlike tikiwi it does not create a folder in the /usr/local/www folder. Can anyone give me some clues or steps to setup a my first wiki with moinmoin after installing the port? ...

  1. anybody moin moin?

    Hello, I just installed the port moin moin, unlike tikiwi it does not
    create a folder in the /usr/local/www folder. Can anyone give me some
    clues or steps to setup a my first wiki with moinmoin after installing
    the port? thanks.

  2. Re: anybody moin moin?

    jcharth@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello, I just installed the port moin moin, unlike tikiwi it does not
    > create a folder in the /usr/local/www folder. Can anyone give me some
    > clues or steps to setup a my first wiki with moinmoin after installing
    > the port? thanks.

    I don't know anything about moin moin.
    But - for any port you have installed you can do
    pkg_info -L
    where is the name and version of the port you have installed, for
    example moinmoin-1.5.5a
    This will list the files the port have installed.
    Or you could look in the moin moin port directory and read the file
    pkg-plist and try to figure it out.
    Another way would be to try to read the online documentation and see if
    that helps: http://sourceforge.net/projects/moin/

    Good luck.
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

  3. Re: anybody moin moin?

    Torfinn Ingolfsen writes:

    > I don't know anything about moin moin.

    Some kind of wiki software in Python.

    But what's really important here is that "Moin, moin" means "A very
    good day" in Plattdütsch, an accent spoken in the northwest and north
    of Germany. You all did want to know that, didn't you? :-)

    Mit schönem Gruß
    - Thomas

    --
    If I were you / I would stay for a better while
    If you were me / Would you walk out in style

  4. Re: anybody moin moin?

    I recommend that rather than installing from ports, you download
    moinmoin from their web site. here in order to obtain the latest
    version.

    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload

    Performing the basic install only installs the library, additional
    steps are needed to create one or more wiki instances. See the
    installation documentation here:

    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling

    There are many different options but I suggest using the built in
    server and using Apache as a reverse proxy to front the wiki.

  5. Re: anybody moin moin?

    thanks for the info, i got it working, i just did something like make
    instance in the moin moin port folder. very nice.
    chuck wrote:
    > I recommend that rather than installing from ports, you download
    > moinmoin from their web site. here in order to obtain the latest
    > version.
    >
    > http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
    >
    > Performing the basic install only installs the library, additional
    > steps are needed to create one or more wiki instances. See the
    > installation documentation here:
    >
    > http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling
    >
    > There are many different options but I suggest using the built in
    > server and using Apache as a reverse proxy to front the wiki.

+ Reply to Thread