Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup - BSD

This is a discussion on Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup - BSD ; although nowhere I told it to do it, not in the startup applications, not in .cshrc, not in .xinit, ... I hate computers doing what I dont tell them to do, this is typical Microsoft, and OpenOffice is a perfect ...

  1. Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup

    although nowhere I told it to do it, not in the startup applications,
    not in .cshrc, not in .xinit, ...

    I hate computers doing what I dont tell them to do, this is typical
    Microsoft, and OpenOffice is a perfect imitation of M$ Word.

    Do someone know how can I stop Gnome doing this? I spent a lot of time.

    Thanks,
    Rodrigo

  2. Re: Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup

    Rodericus schreef:
    > although nowhere I told it to do it, not in the startup applications,
    > not in .cshrc, not in .xinit, ...
    >
    > I hate computers doing what I dont tell them to do, this is typical
    > Microsoft, and OpenOffice is a perfect imitation of M$ Word.
    >
    > Do someone know how can I stop Gnome doing this? I spent a lot of time.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rodrigo

    System -> preferences -> sessions

    --
    Essetee ---- Roeselare ---- Belgium
    http://www.essetee.be

  3. Re: Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup

    Serge Terryn schrieb:

    > System -> preferences -> sessions

    It is not listed in the startup sessions. Here is not the problem.

    Rodrigo

  4. Re: Gnome starts OpenOffice at startup

    El 30 Nov 2006 12:28:55 -0800 , "Rodericus" escribió:

    > Serge Terryn schrieb:
    >
    > > System -> preferences -> sessions

    > It is not listed in the startup sessions. Here is not the problem.
    >
    > Rodrigo

    Take a look again to the list of running programs in the tab "Current
    session". You should see openoffice's process in that list.

+ Reply to Thread