ps command giving procfs error - BSD

This is a discussion on ps command giving procfs error - BSD ; I keep getting procfs error whenever I do ps .... bsd-svcs# uname -a FreeBSD bsd-svcs.juniper.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov 3 09:36:13 UTC 2005 root@x64.samsco.home :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386 bsd-svcs# ps -eaf | grep ftp ps: Process environment requires procfs(5) Any ...

  1. ps command giving procfs error

    I keep getting procfs error whenever I do ps ....

    bsd-svcs# uname -a
    FreeBSD bsd-svcs.juniper.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu
    Nov 3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
    root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
    bsd-svcs# ps -eaf | grep ftp
    ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)

    Any help is appreciated to get rid of this message ....

    fhameed@gmail.com

  2. Re: ps command giving procfs error

    > r...@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
    > bsd-svcs# ps -eaf | grep ftp
    > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
    >
    > Any help is appreciated to get rid of this message ....

    You might not like to do it, but you could mount a proc file system.
    Something like:

    mount_procfs procfs /proc

    DG

  3. Re: ps command giving procfs error

    fhameed@gmail.com writes:

    > I keep getting procfs error whenever I do ps ....

    To be more precise, you are getting a procfs error when you do a "ps -e".

    > bsd-svcs# uname -a
    > FreeBSD bsd-svcs.juniper.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu
    > Nov 3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
    > root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
    > bsd-svcs# ps -eaf | grep ftp
    > ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
    >
    > Any help is appreciated to get rid of this message ....

    Don't use -e. It won't work without procfs.

    Alternatively, you could mount a procfs.

    --
    Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer
    http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

+ Reply to Thread