Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1 - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1 - BSD ; On 27 Nov 2006 17:36:16 -0800, Drazen Gemic wrote: : Compiling a port for such a big package is not an option at all. Why not try it anyway? It took a bit more than 2 days building niced on ...

  1. Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1

    On 27 Nov 2006 17:36:16 -0800, Drazen Gemic wrote:
    : Compiling a port for such a big package is not an option at all.

    Why not try it anyway? It took a bit more than 2 days building niced
    on a 1.2ghz lightly loaded desktop with oldish scsi UW drives (the OO
    2-devel version). Self-compiled seems to be a little snappier than
    the goodday version. I don't have any benchmarks to back that up
    though.

  2. Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1

    On Nov 29, 3:54 pm, hgold...@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein) wrote:
    > On 27 Nov 2006 17:36:16 -0800, Drazen Gemic wrote:
    > : Compiling a port for such a big package is not an option at all.
    >
    > Why not try it anyway? It took a bit more than 2 days building niced
    > on a 1.2ghz lightly loaded desktop with oldish scsi UW drives (the OO
    > 2-devel version). Self-compiled seems to be a little snappier than
    > the goodday version. I don't have any benchmarks to back that up
    > though.

    I have managed with 2.0.1. My system is overcrowded with libs, but I
    had
    only two unsatisfied dependencies, GnomeVFS and SSL-something. I have
    forced instalation and now works like a charm.

    DG

  3. Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1

    On 29 Nov 2006 19:21:48 -0800, Drazen Gemic wrote:
    : I have managed with 2.0.1. My system is overcrowded with libs, but I
    : had
    : only two unsatisfied dependencies, GnomeVFS and SSL-something. I have
    : forced instalation and now works like a charm.

    Yup, forcing it sure works, I'd done that for a long time too to no
    ill effect until I put a cheap RAID1 array in with the really low cost
    360G SATAs.

    OO2 is definitely ready for prime time. Enjoy!

    (Anyone know the rationale behind the binary builder's SSL selection?)

  4. Re: OpenOffice 2 for FreeBSD 6.1

    On Dec 1, 3:45 pm, hgold...@mpcs.com (Howard Goldstein) wrote:
    > On 29 Nov 2006 19:21:48 -0800, Drazen Gemic wrote:
    > : I have managed with 2.0.1. My system is overcrowded with libs, but I
    > : had

    I meant to say that my system is NOT overcrowded with libs....

    > OO2 is definitely ready for prime time. Enjoy!
    >
    > (Anyone know the rationale behind the binary builder's SSL selection?)

    I believe that it might have something with digital signatures in File
    Menu.
    And there is some address book and LDAP stuff under File/Wizzards. LDAP
    may require SSL.

    DG

+ Reply to Thread