Dell SAS 5ir - BSD

This is a discussion on Dell SAS 5ir - BSD ; Hello, Does anyone run FreeBSD 6.1 or 6.2 on a Dell Poweredge 860? This machine has a raid-controller which is called "SAS 5ir". Is this raid-controller supported by FreeBSD? (of course, Dell can't answer this question for me) If so, ...

  1. Dell SAS 5ir

    Hello,

    Does anyone run FreeBSD 6.1 or 6.2 on a Dell Poweredge 860?

    This machine has a raid-controller which is called "SAS 5ir". Is this
    raid-controller supported by FreeBSD? (of course, Dell can't answer this
    question for me)

    If so, which driver will be used?

    Best regards,
    Martijn

  2. Re: Dell SAS 5ir

    - martijn - wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone run FreeBSD 6.1 or 6.2 on a Dell Poweredge 860?
    >
    > This machine has a raid-controller which is called "SAS 5ir". Is this
    > raid-controller supported by FreeBSD? (of course, Dell can't answer this
    > question for me)
    >
    > If so, which driver will be used?
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Martijn

    Hello

    Some posts ago, we'd the same Problem. If you can use, try FreeBSD 6.2.
    With this, it should works fine (mfi-Driver). 6.1 is unstable with mfi,
    we couldn't copy any files during install.

+ Reply to Thread