Re: Panic when booting FBSD 6.2 after upgrading from FBSD 5.5 - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Panic when booting FBSD 6.2 after upgrading from FBSD 5.5 - BSD ; On 2006-11-27, Stefan Witzel wrote: > Hello, > > last weekend I tried a source upgrade from FBSD 5.5 to FBD 6.2 . (FBSD > 5.5 was up-to-date.) > > I fetched the FBSD 6.2 sources, built and installed a ...

  1. Re: Panic when booting FBSD 6.2 after upgrading from FBSD 5.5

    On 2006-11-27, Stefan Witzel wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > last weekend I tried a source upgrade from FBSD 5.5 to FBD 6.2 . (FBSD
    > 5.5 was up-to-date.)
    >
    > I fetched the FBSD 6.2 sources, built and installed a new world and a
    > new system specific kernel.
    >
    > Booting the new kernel, I got a panic message:
    >
    > panic: kmem_malloc(-2147483648): kmem_map too small: 4.294.967.295
    > total allocated
    >
    > (I hope these numbers are right.)

    Unlikely since the kernel does not use '.' "thousands" separators.

    You also need to obtain the backtrace to show where the problem
    occurred, see the developers handbook on kernel debugging.

    Kris

  2. Re: Panic when booting FBSD 6.2 after upgrading from FBSD 5.5

    Kris Kennaway wrote:

    > On 2006-11-27, Stefan Witzel
    > wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > last weekend I tried a source upgrade from FBSD 5.5 to FBD 6.2 .
    > > (FBSD 5.5 was up-to-date.)
    > >
    > > I fetched the FBSD 6.2 sources, built and installed a new world and
    > > a new system specific kernel.
    > >
    > > Booting the new kernel, I got a panic message:
    > >
    > > panic: kmem_malloc(-2147483648): kmem_map too small: 4.294.967.295
    > > total allocated
    > >
    > > (I hope these numbers are right.)

    > Unlikely since the kernel does not use '.' "thousands" separators.
    >
    > You also need to obtain the backtrace to show where the problem
    > occurred, see the developers handbook on kernel debugging.
    >
    > Kris

    Sorry, I wrote these message to a piece of paper before the system
    reboots. Maybe I forgot the seperator in this moment.

    Stefan

+ Reply to Thread