Wide-screen monitor - BSD

This is a discussion on Wide-screen monitor - BSD ; I have briefly used a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW monitor with an Nvidia FX5500 display adapter on FreeBSD 6.1. I included the modelines, as described in the Handbook, and xorg just ignores them, bringing the monitor up at 1600 x 1200 ...

  1. Wide-screen monitor

    I have briefly used a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW monitor with an Nvidia
    FX5500 display adapter on FreeBSD 6.1. I included the modelines, as
    described in the Handbook, and xorg just ignores them, bringing the
    monitor up at 1600 x 1200 (instead of of 1600 x 1050). The display is
    beautiful, but could overclocking the monitor damage it over a period of
    time?

    I also have an ATI Radeon 9200 display adapter, which I could use if it
    has the appropriate drivers. Or perhaps FreeBSD 6.2 will have them. If I
    can't use the new monitor with FreeBSD, I may be stuck with Linux, at
    least for now.

  2. Re: Wide-screen monitor

    Robert Kopp wrote:

    > I also have an ATI Radeon 9200 display adapter, which I could use if it
    > has the appropriate drivers. Or perhaps FreeBSD 6.2 will have them. If I
    > can't use the new monitor with FreeBSD, I may be stuck with Linux, at
    > least for now.

    I just uploaded the one I use for a recent FreeBSD 6.2, specifically with an
    ATI Radeon 9200 display adapter :

    http://thierry.herbelot.free.fr/xorg.conf

    TfH

    --
    retirez les "------%------" pour une adresse correcte

  3. Re: Wide-screen monitor

    Hey, friends. I haven't set the subsection "dri" in my xorg.conf. I
    know it has the function about 3D. Well, what does the mode of dri do?
    I have a 3D game (quake3) in my computer and I can lanch it only in
    superuser mode. I think maybe this sub-section can be of help.

    "Thierry Herbelot д
    "
    > Robert Kopp wrote:
    >
    > > I also have an ATI Radeon 9200 display adapter, which I could use if it
    > > has the appropriate drivers. Or perhaps FreeBSD 6.2 will have them. If I
    > > can't use the new monitor with FreeBSD, I may be stuck with Linux, at
    > > least for now.

    > I just uploaded the one I use for a recent FreeBSD 6.2, specifically withan
    > ATI Radeon 9200 display adapter :
    >
    > http://thierry.herbelot.free.fr/xorg.conf
    >
    > TfH
    >
    > --