Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3? - BSD

This is a discussion on Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3? - BSD ; So, is anybody else getting: [root@tigerfish2 ~]# acroread cannot set up thread-local storage: cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage It does not matter whether I am root or non-root UID, it is the same error. If so, how did ...

  1. Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3?

    So, is anybody else getting:

    [root@tigerfish2 ~]# acroread
    cannot set up thread-local storage: cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage

    It does not matter whether I am root or non-root UID, it is the
    same error.

    If so, how did you fix it?

    Thanks,
    Bruce
    "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
    - Thuganlitha
    The Power and the Prophet
    Robert Don Hughes

  2. Re: Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3?

    General Patron wrote:
    :
    : If you run xpdf, does it work?
    :
    Yes, it does. Thank you for the heads up.

    I also re-installed acroread7 (had the ports info on
    another machine), which I will continue to use, since xpdf
    does not seem to offer a way to open files other than from
    the command line.

    Bruce
    "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
    - Thuganlitha
    The Power and the Prophet
    Robert Don Hughes

  3. Re: Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3?

    In article ,
    brucegb@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) writes:
    > General Patron wrote:
    >:
    >: If you run xpdf, does it work?
    >:
    > Yes, it does. Thank you for the heads up.
    >
    > I also re-installed acroread7 (had the ports info on
    > another machine), which I will continue to use, since xpdf
    > does not seem to offer a way to open files other than from
    > the command line.
    >
    > Bruce

    If I can butt in here, I just discovered, myself, that if
    you press the right mouse button in an xpdf session, it will
    provide a popup menu, the first item of which is "open"

    man xpdf gives all the gory details.

    HTH,
    Bob Melson

    -----
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable
    reason so few engage in it. -- Henry Ford

  4. Re: Problem with Acroread8 and FBSD 6.3?

    Robert Melson wrote:
    :
    : If I can butt in here, I just discovered, myself, that if
    : you press the right mouse button in an xpdf session, it will
    : provide a popup menu, the first item of which is "open"
    :
    Oh, interesting. Well, that opens some interesting
    possibilities. Always hated acroread7 popping up with a
    ginormous window to start.

    And the fact that it is a true binary, and not some
    linux compatability file is a definite bonus...

    Bruce
    "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
    - Thuganlitha
    The Power and the Prophet