php5-suhosin with jails - BSD

This is a discussion on php5-suhosin with jails - BSD ; 'cuse the - probably already answered - question. But the php5 port lists the suhosin patch as "not for jails" in "make config". Well, we have this patch active within jailed php5. Does anybody know about the rationale for the ...

  1. php5-suhosin with jails

    'cuse the - probably already answered - question. But the php5 port
    lists the suhosin patch as "not for jails" in "make config". Well,
    we have this patch active within jailed php5.

    Does anybody know about the rationale for the "not for jails"?
    What exactly am I missing? Php doesn't seem to fail more miserably
    as jailed with suhosin patch as it does direct on a host anyway.

    cu
    Clemens.
    --
    /"\ http://czauner.onlineloop.com/
    \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

  2. Re: php5-suhosin with jails

    Clemens Zauner:

    > 'cuse the - probably already answered - question. But the php5 port
    > lists the suhosin patch as "not for jails" in "make config". Well,
    > we have this patch active within jailed php5.
    >
    > Does anybody know about the rationale for the "not for jails"?
    > What exactly am I missing? Php doesn't seem to fail more miserably
    > as jailed with suhosin patch as it does direct on a host anyway.

    This is related to this PR:

    I run php+suhosin in a jail (for SquirrelMail) and i don't have any
    problem.

  3. Re: php5-suhosin with jails

    Patrick Lamaizière wrote:
    > This is related to this PR:

    I've seen this one.

    > I run php+suhosin in a jail (for SquirrelMail) and i don't have any
    > problem.

    We are also running a lot of php-stuff in jails. I just couldn't
    believe this "Warning" is due to a "one-time report" which nobody
    can seriously reproduce (The 2 links are typical Webserverforum
    posings by "new-member"s). Especially as the requested "more detailed"
    Information 'bout the System wasn't given by the reporter.

    Anyway: JTFR - Is running fine here. Box with 6 Jails have a total
    of nearly 1000 vHosts; about 1/3 is using php.
    --
    /"\ http://czauner.onlineloop.com/
    \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
    X AGAINST HTML MAIL