FreeBSD 7.1 Beta 2 vs. 7.1 PRERELEASE - BSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 7.1 Beta 2 vs. 7.1 PRERELEASE - BSD ; I'm very much looking forward to the 7.1 final release, but I have a question. I've seen people mention they're running 7.1 PRERELEASE. The only thing I could find on freebsd.org were the 7.1 BETA 2 discs, released a bit ...

  1. FreeBSD 7.1 Beta 2 vs. 7.1 PRERELEASE

    I'm very much looking forward to the 7.1 final release, but I have a
    question. I've seen people mention they're running 7.1 PRERELEASE. The
    only thing I could find on freebsd.org were the 7.1 BETA 2 discs,
    released a bit over a week ago.

    Is 7.1 PRERELEASE out somewhere and not on the FreeBSD.org site, or when
    people say 7.1 PRERELEASE, do they really mean 7.1 BETA2?

    -->Neil

  2. Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Beta 2 vs. 7.1 PRERELEASE

    Neil Bradley wrote:
    > I'm very much looking forward to the 7.1 final release, but I have a
    > question. I've seen people mention they're running 7.1 PRERELEASE. The
    > only thing I could find on freebsd.org were the 7.1 BETA 2 discs,
    > released a bit over a week ago.
    >
    > Is 7.1 PRERELEASE out somewhere and not on the FreeBSD.org site, or when
    > people say 7.1 PRERELEASE, do they really mean 7.1 BETA2?

    Currently, PRERELEASE is what you get when you csup and build from
    source. BETA2 is just an abitrary name for certain version of
    PRERELEASE.