AMD XP1800 CPU Temperature Monitoring? - BSD

This is a discussion on AMD XP1800 CPU Temperature Monitoring? - BSD ; Ive been striking out left and right trying to set something up to monitor the cpu temp in this machine. I am running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE- p3. Ive noticed that there are drivers for core temp on K8 and different drivers ...

  1. AMD XP1800 CPU Temperature Monitoring?

    Ive been striking out left and right trying to set something up to
    monitor the cpu temp in this machine. I am running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-
    p3. Ive noticed that there are drivers for core temp on K8 and different
    drivers and utils that work very well on Intel CPU's but I cant seem to
    find anything that works for my CPU. ACPI is loaded but acpi_thermal
    doesnt appear to work for me at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. Re: AMD XP1800 CPU Temperature Monitoring?

    Neurosis wrote:
    > Ive been striking out left and right trying to set something up to
    > monitor the cpu temp in this machine. I am running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-
    > p3. Ive noticed that there are drivers for core temp on K8 and different
    > drivers and utils that work very well on Intel CPU's but I cant seem to
    > find anything that works for my CPU. ACPI is loaded but acpi_thermal
    > doesnt appear to work for me at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Have you tried sysutils/mbmon? It used to work fine with my old XP 2200.
    --
    Tore (next period online period no, user tl32)

  3. Re: AMD XP1800 CPU Temperature Monitoring?

    In article , check@my.sig.invalid
    says...

    > Have you tried sysutils/mbmon? It used to work fine with my old XP 2200.

    Yes. I just tried that yesterday. It appears to work ok for me. My goal,
    I know this sounds a little dumb but, is to get the CPU monitoring to
    work with conky/torsmo. Surprisingly, there is little information to be
    found on this for the AMD XP* machines. At least now with mbmon I do
    know that my machine has the ability to display the information through
    FreeBSD.

+ Reply to Thread