wifi - BSD

This is a discussion on wifi - BSD ; I am new to BSD, coming from Slackware. On my Thinkpad I would like to connect via ethernet to my broadband modem, usually from home. That works. On wifi I would like to connect to a wireless network while travelling. ...

  1. wifi

    I am new to BSD, coming from Slackware. On my Thinkpad I would like to
    connect via ethernet to my broadband modem, usually from home. That
    works. On wifi I would like to connect to a wireless network while
    travelling. Is there a simple command line on how to connect to a WEP or
    WPA network?
    Thanks / JB

  2. Re: wifi

    danube:

    > I am new to BSD, coming from Slackware. On my Thinkpad I would like to
    > connect via ethernet to my broadband modem, usually from home. That
    > works. On wifi I would like to connect to a wireless network while
    > travelling. Is there a simple command line on how to connect to a WEP or
    > WPA network?

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/...-wireless.html

  3. Re: wifi

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:48:30 +0000, Patrick Lamaizière wrote:

    > danube:
    >

    >> I am new to BSD, coming from Slackware. On my Thinkpad I would like to
    >> connect via ethernet to my broadband modem, usually from home. That
    >> works. On wifi I would like to connect to a wireless network while
    >> travelling. Is there a simple command line on how to connect to a WEP
    >> or WPA network?

    > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/...-wireless.html

    Many thanks. It is this WEP connection that causes me trouble. After
    disabling this security barrier I can connect without problems

    JB

+ Reply to Thread