OpenOffice 3 - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenOffice 3 - BSD ; Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago. It seems to work OK (apart from a complain that the operating system doesn't support en_US). However, on exit it always core dumps with ...

  1. OpenOffice 3

    Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago.

    It seems to work OK (apart from a complain that the operating system
    doesn't support en_US).

    However, on exit it always core dumps with a SIGSEGV...

    Anyone else experienced this? This is on 6.3-STABLE..
    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  2. Re: OpenOffice 3

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago.

    Oops, 3.0.0 (release) just showed up in ports yesterday. It built
    overnight here with the default options.

    > It seems to work OK (apart from a complain that the operating system
    > doesn't support en_US).
    >
    > However, on exit it always core dumps with a SIGSEGV...
    >
    > Anyone else experienced this? This is on 6.3-STABLE..

    No observed problems on 7.1-PRERELEASE.

  3. Re: OpenOffice 3

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 01:52:02 UTC, Warren Block
    wrote:

    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago.

    > Oops, 3.0.0 (release) just showed up in ports yesterday. It built
    > overnight here with the default options.

    Typical! I'll grab it...

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  4. Re: OpenOffice 3

    wrote:

    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago.

    > Oops, 3.0.0 (release) just showed up in ports yesterday. It built
    > overnight here with the default options.
    >
    > > It seems to work OK (apart from a complain that the operating system
    > > doesn't support en_US).
    > >
    > > However, on exit it always core dumps with a SIGSEGV...
    > >
    > > Anyone else experienced this? This is on 6.3-STABLE..

    > No observed problems on 7.1-PRERELEASE.

    Built the new port while I was at work. It's fine...no core dumps! May
    have been a deliberate diagnostic...

    Thanks for the heads up about the new port.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  5. Re: OpenOffice 3

    On Oct 14, 7:52 pm, Warren Block wrote:
    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > Just built the port for this, from the ports tree as of a few days ago.

    > Oops, 3.0.0 (release) just showed up in ports yesterday. It built
    > overnight here with the default options.
    >
    > > It seems to work OK (apart from a complain that the operating system
    > > doesn't support en_US).

    > > However, on exit it always core dumps with a SIGSEGV...

    > > Anyone else experienced this? This is on 6.3-STABLE..

    > No observed problems on 7.1-PRERELEASE.
    >
    > --
    > Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

    My build kept failing on hunspell and another, later module. I did a
    'make clean && make distclean' and am compiling 3-RC now. It has a
    more recent Makefile. If it's going to finish it'll be a day before it
    does so I'm not hanging around.

    tf

+ Reply to Thread