7.0-Release Life Span - BSD

This is a discussion on 7.0-Release Life Span - BSD ; I've searched the web and read the release docs, but cannot find an answer. Thought I'd try this group... how long will 7.0-Release be supported? I'd like to install and forget it and use freebsd-update to keep the release patched. ...

  1. 7.0-Release Life Span

    I've searched the web and read the release docs, but cannot find an
    answer. Thought I'd try this group... how long will 7.0-Release be
    supported? I'd like to install and forget it and use freebsd-update to
    keep the release patched. Is "End of Life" documented someplace so I'll
    know when I *must* upgrade?

    Thanks

  2. Re: 7.0-Release Life Span

    brad wrote:

    > I've searched the web and read the release docs, but cannot find an
    > answer. Thought I'd try this group... how long will 7.0-Release be
    > supported?

    http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html#sup
    7.0 is a "normal" release : one year of support.

    > I'd like to install and forget it and use freebsd-update to
    > keep the release patched. Is "End of Life" documented someplace so I'll
    > know when I *must* upgrade?

    Wait for the 7.1, but we don't know yet how long it will be supported.

    Regards.

  3. Re: 7.0-Release Life Span

    Patrick Lamaizière wrote:

    > http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html#sup
    > 7.0 is a "normal" release : one year of support.

    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll wait for 7.1 while
    experimenting with 7.0

+ Reply to Thread