Nvidia error, Malformed conditional - BSD

This is a discussion on Nvidia error, Malformed conditional - BSD ; I dont think this a common error with FreeBSD as I have googled etc & cant find a match ,only parts of error is same as others who have posted...

  1. Nvidia error, Malformed conditional

    I dont think this a common error with FreeBSD as I have googled etc &
    cant find a match ,only parts of error is same as others who have posted

  2. Re: Nvidia error, Malformed conditional

    Begin
    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:27:16 +0200,
    TopBloke wrote:

    [snip!]

    Would you terribly mind using a real news client and matching server
    instead of that ``forums gateway''? In addition to url filters that make
    it hard to see what is really being fetched, it seems to have a low-pass
    IQ filter and a broken spelling filter installed.

    > I have had problems with trying to update Nvidia for a while now. I
    > originally had to upgrade my GCC first ,but now this has happened

    Are you saying you replaced the system compiler, or what is it that
    you've done? Also, detailed version information (of installed system,
    installed source, gcc, and so on) would be a good start.

    >===> Configuring for nvidia-driver-173.14.12
    >===> Building for nvidia-driver-173.14.12
    >===> src (all)
    > "/sys/conf/kern.mk", line 114: Malformed conditional (${MK_SSP} != "no"
    > && ${CC} != "icc" && ${MACHINE_ARCH} != "ia64" && ${MACHINE_ARCH} !=
    > "arm" && ${MACHINE_ARCH} != "mips")
    > "/sys/conf/kern.mk", line 116: if-less endif
    > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
    > *** Error code 1

    At first glance this looks like some funky mismatch in the makefiles.
    Altough that path looks a bit truncated also. Is this a stock system,
    and if not, what did you change?

  3. Re: Nvidia error, Malformed conditional

    Thanks for reply, I dont thinik I physically changed anything, I think
    one of the installers I have tested like "portmaster or Portmanager"
    could have altered things
    I actually didnt get this error until after I installed GCC4.4.0.
    AnyWay here is my "uname -a"

    FreeBSD jasons-braain 6.3-RC2 FreeBSD 6.3-RC2 #30: Sun Jan 6 01:30:27
    UTC 2008
    root@tinderbox.3c-consulting.lokal:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

    & My Make.Conf which seems simple & different to some others I
    have seen?

    # Disable VuXML checks, vulnerable ports are marked FORBIDDEN anyway
    and
    # this prevents installing with non-vulnerable options (see
    win32-codecs)
    DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes

    # Compile with cups support
    WITH_CUPS=yes

    # Makes cups shadow printing support in the base system
    CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes

    # Use Firefox's gecko engine since it's preinstalled
    WITH_MOZILLA=firefox
    WITH_GECKO=firefox

    -This says I am using GCC version 3.4.6 but I have 2 others including
    GCC4.4.0 installed in the hope of installing the latest Nvidia because
    Nvidia wouldnt compile with earlier version of GCC.

    jasons-braain# printf '0:\n\t${CC} -v' | make -sf-
    Using built-in specs.
    Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305
    Intel Pentium4 CPU 2.66 GHz

    --