Whats the roadmap status of ELF conform thread local store? - BSD

This is a discussion on Whats the roadmap status of ELF conform thread local store? - BSD ; Does anybody know if we can expect zero overhead __thread declarations soon? pthread sucks....

  1. Whats the roadmap status of ELF conform thread local store?

    Does anybody know if we can expect zero overhead __thread declarations
    soon? pthread sucks.

  2. Re: Whats the roadmap status of ELF conform thread local store?

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:19:26 -0700 (PDT), scholz.lothar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anybody know if we can expect zero overhead __thread declarations
    > soon? pthread sucks.

    A wild guess is ``we'l have them at about the same time people will
    start posting comprehensible one-liner questions''.

    You do realize that ``zero overhead __thread declarations'' taken like
    this, entirely out of context, means absolutely nothing at all, right?

+ Reply to Thread