I have written in this newsgroup before[1] about my Creative Zen Nano
Plus and usb issues - full soeed versus high speed. In the mean time, I
have switched my main workstation to a newer machine (it is newer
hardware than my old machine). The new workstation runs FreeBSD 7.0-stable:
tingo@kg-work2$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-work2.kg4.no 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Mon Jul 21
20:40:31 CEST 2008 root@kg-work2.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

And have "uhci" usb controllers:
root@kg-work2# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb3:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
port 1 powered
port 2 powered
port 3 powered
port 4 powered
port 5 powered
port 6 addr 2: high speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Zen Nano
Plus(0x4139), CREATIVE(0x041e), rev 11.43
port 7 powered
port 8 powered

The main point is that now the mp3 player connects in highs speed mode,
and data transfer works without corruption. Which is cool.