Digital tv tuner card support - BSD

This is a discussion on Digital tv tuner card support - BSD ; i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please? any recommendation appreciated. thanks...

  1. Digital tv tuner card support

    i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    any recommendation appreciated.
    thanks

  2. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:18:32 +0100, NVangogh wrote:

    > i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    > freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    > any recommendation appreciated.
    > thanks

    most what ive seen are usb devices. i have no idea if they would work out
    of the box so i would only buy something which someone has already used
    in freebsd.

  3. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    NVangogh wrote:
    > i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    > freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    > any recommendation appreciated.

    This is one I know about:
    http://raaf.atspace.org/dvbusb/
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

  4. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    NVangogh wrote:
    > i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    > freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    > any recommendation appreciated.
    > thanks

    Not for FreeBSD, but for Linux - open-source driver and made
    specifically for Linux:

    I have one of these installed in FC4(6?) with MythTV

    http://www.pchdtv.com
    http://www.mythtv.org

    Chuck

  5. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:43:25 -0400, Chuck McCrobie wrote:

    > NVangogh wrote:
    >> i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    >> freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    >> any recommendation appreciated.
    >> thanks

    > Not for FreeBSD, but for Linux - open-source driver and made
    > specifically for Linux:
    >
    > I have one of these installed in FC4(6?) with MythTV
    >
    > http://www.pchdtv.com
    > http://www.mythtv.org
    >
    > Chuck

    ok - but what if i just configured bochs could i then have a good
    chance of running anything in a windowsxp / linux emulation?
    I forgot about this ..but there could be issues relating to speed of
    emulation that might render the experience - not good. i wonder if anyone
    can advise about this?

  6. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    NVangogh wrote:
    > i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    > freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    > any recommendation appreciated.
    > thanks

    And very recently announced, improved support for cx88 based cards:
    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...er/009116.html

    Very nice.
    --
    Torfinn Ingolfsen,
    Norway

  7. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    On 4 Sep, 19:18, NVangogh wrote:
    > i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    > freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    > any recommendation appreciated.
    > thanks

    There's no practical support for dvb-t on FBSD. Its Wndows for you I'm
    afraid.

  8. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:41:46 -0700, michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > There's no practical support for dvb-t on FBSD. Its Wndows for you I'm
    > afraid.

    LOL

    FreeBSD can be made to do anything - dont you even know that? :-D

  9. Re: Digital tv tuner card support

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:41:46 -0700, michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > On 4 Sep, 19:18, NVangogh wrote:
    >> i been looking at buying a digital tv tuner card for pc. (so can watch
    >> freeview digital channels) does anyone have experience of these please?
    >> any recommendation appreciated.
    >> thanks

    > There's no practical support for dvb-t on FBSD. Its Wndows for you I'm
    > afraid.

    The truth of your first statement does not automatically imply the truth
    of the second....

+ Reply to Thread