Does this wireless usb adapter work for freebsd? - BSD

This is a discussion on Does this wireless usb adapter work for freebsd? - BSD ; i am thinking about using a wireless usb device. before i buy, i just wanted to check it works with freebsd. It is Netgear WG111T super G wireless usb 2.0 adapter ttp://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG111T.aspx does this work with the freebsd system?...

  1. Does this wireless usb adapter work for freebsd?

    i am thinking about using a wireless usb device. before i buy, i just
    wanted to check it works with freebsd.
    It is Netgear WG111T super G wireless usb 2.0 adapter
    ttp://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG111T.aspx

    does this work with the freebsd system?

  2. Re: Does this wireless usb adapter work for freebsd?

    NVangogh wrote:
    > i am thinking about using a wireless usb device. before i buy, i just
    > wanted to check it works with freebsd.
    > It is Netgear WG111T super G wireless usb 2.0 adapter
    > ttp://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG111T.aspx
    >
    > does this work with the freebsd system?

    There are no specs here, so the chipset is unknown, moreover it is
    an usb device, so it is hard to know if FreeBSD supports it, the
    probability is not great.

    --

    Michel TALON

  3. Re: Does this wireless usb adapter work for freebsd?

    Michel Talon wrote:
    > NVangogh wrote:
    >> i am thinking about using a wireless usb device. before i buy, i just
    >> wanted to check it works with freebsd.
    >> It is Netgear WG111T super G wireless usb 2.0 adapter
    >> ttp://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG111T.aspx
    >>
    >> does this work with the freebsd system?

    > There are no specs here, so the chipset is unknown, moreover it is
    > an usb device, so it is hard to know if FreeBSD supports it, the
    > probability is not great.

    I have one of those, and was unable to get it to work. I just plugged it
    into a laptop running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE now, and it is only recognized as a
    generic USB device:

    ugen0: on uhub3

    Guess it doesn't look any better.

    --