apache 2.0x core dumps on FreeBSD 6.3 - BSD

This is a discussion on apache 2.0x core dumps on FreeBSD 6.3 - BSD ; Hello, I'm in trouble with my FreeBSD 6.3 running apache 2.0.x: Since I've portupgraded to apache 2.0.63 (and _2), httpd daemons fail quitting properly. The problem starts at configure/compile time, I guess: # portupgrade apache-2.0.63 .../.. checking for working sem_open... ...

  1. apache 2.0x core dumps on FreeBSD 6.3

    Hello,

    I'm in trouble with my FreeBSD 6.3 running apache 2.0.x:

    Since I've portupgraded to apache 2.0.63 (and _2), httpd daemons fail
    quitting properly.

    The problem starts at configure/compile time, I guess:

    # portupgrade apache-2.0.63
    .../..
    checking for working sem_open... Bad system call (core dumped)
    .../..

    /var/log/messages reads:

    kernel: pid 19600 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)

    Not so good.

    Compilation works ok, as do install and Apache start.
    But as soon as an httpd child has to quit, I found this in the messages
    log:

    kernel: pid 38314 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
    kernel: pid 38702 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11

    And if I quit or restart Apache, I got this:

    kernel: pid 38258 (httpd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

    My port tree and apache dependencies are up to date.

    Any idea ?

    patpro

    --
    A vendre : KVM IP 16 ports APC
    http://patpro.net/blog/index.php/2008/01/12/133

  2. Re: apache 2.0x core dumps on FreeBSD 6.3

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:55:31 +0200,
    patpro ~ patrick proniewski wrote:
    > I'm in trouble with my FreeBSD 6.3 running apache 2.0.x:
    >
    > Since I've portupgraded to apache 2.0.63 (and _2), httpd daemons fail
    > quitting properly.

    [description snipped]

    > Any idea ?

    My first thought is that some libraries and things haven't been properly
    upgraded after all, or that some things are compiled with the wrong
    compiler options (too high machtype), abi mismatches (compiled for the
    wrong major version), that sort of thing.

  3. Re: apache 2.0x core dumps on FreeBSD 6.3

    In article ,
    jpd wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:55:31 +0200,
    > patpro ~ patrick proniewski wrote:
    > > I'm in trouble with my FreeBSD 6.3 running apache 2.0.x:
    > >
    > > Since I've portupgraded to apache 2.0.63 (and _2), httpd daemons fail
    > > quitting properly.

    > [description snipped]
    > >
    > > Any idea ?

    > My first thought is that some libraries and things haven't been properly
    > upgraded after all, or that some things are compiled with the wrong
    > compiler options (too high machtype), abi mismatches (compiled for the
    > wrong major version), that sort of thing.

    Thank you for your help, jpd.

    I've just found the solution to my problem. In fact, and surprisingly,
    it was just a problem of order in the /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
    list.

    regards,

    patpro

    --