Trying to un-IGNORE a port - BSD

This is a discussion on Trying to un-IGNORE a port - BSD ; I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. The port is now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet figured out how to ...

  1. Trying to un-IGNORE a port

    I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I
    chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. The port is
    now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet
    figured out how to undo my mistake. I have even gone as far as to
    blow away and restore my entire ports tree, but no joy. Any
    assistance (especially any suited to lamers, like me) would be very
    gratefully received.
    TIA

  2. Re: Trying to un-IGNORE a port

    On Sep 1, 10:59*pm, Jeff Eckermann wrote:
    > I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I
    > chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. *The port is
    > now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet
    > figured out how to undo my mistake. *I have even gone as far as to
    > blow away and restore my entire ports tree, but no joy. *Any
    > assistance (especially any suited to lamers, like me) would be very
    > gratefully received.
    > TIA

    Port specific build configuration files are stored in
    /var/db/ports/

    I'm not sitting at a freebsd box, but
    # make configure
    (maybe that's config)
    should reselect those.
    Deleting the offending files under /var/db/ports/ should work, as
    well.

  3. Re: Trying to un-IGNORE a port

    invasivenorman@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 1, 10:59*pm, Jeff Eckermann wrote:
    >> I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I
    >> chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. *The port is
    >> now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet
    >> figured out how to undo my mistake. *I have even gone as far as to
    >> blow away and restore my entire ports tree, but no joy. *Any
    >> assistance (especially any suited to lamers, like me) would be very
    >> gratefully received.
    >> TIA

    > Port specific build configuration files are stored in
    > /var/db/ports/
    >
    > I'm not sitting at a freebsd box, but
    > # make configure
    > (maybe that's config)
    > should reselect those.

    make config

    > Deleting the offending files under /var/db/ports/ should work, as
    > well.

    That's "make rmconfig".

    All of the options (and there are lots) are in the ports man page.

  4. Re: Trying to un-IGNORE a port

    On 3 Sep, 03:16, invasivenor...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Sep 1, 10:59*pm, Jeff Eckermann wrote:
    >
    > > I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I
    > > chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. *The port is
    > > now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet
    > > figured out how to undo my mistake. *I have even gone as far as to
    > > blow away and restore my entire ports tree, but no joy. *Any
    > > assistance (especially any suited to lamers, like me) would be very
    > > gratefully received.
    > > TIA

    > Port specific build configuration files are stored in
    > /var/db/ports/
    >
    > I'm not sitting at a freebsd box, but
    > # make configure
    > (maybe that's config)
    > should reselect those.
    > Deleting the offending files under /var/db/ports/ should work, as
    > well.

    "make configure" had failed for me previously, but worked once I had
    removed the options file. Thanks for the help.

  5. Re: Trying to un-IGNORE a port

    On 3 Sep, 12:24, Warren Block wrote:
    > invasivenor...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > On Sep 1, 10:59*pm, Jeff Eckermann wrote:
    > >> I made a dumb mistake while trying to upgrade my apache22 port: I
    > >> chose "enable DBD" without specifying a database backend. *The port is
    > >> now marked "IGNORE", and after hours of searching I have not yet
    > >> figured out how to undo my mistake. *I have even gone as far as to
    > >> blow away and restore my entire ports tree, but no joy. *Any
    > >> assistance (especially any suited to lamers, like me) would be very
    > >> gratefully received.
    > >> TIA

    > > Port specific build configuration files are stored in
    > > /var/db/ports/

    > > I'm not sitting at a freebsd box, but
    > > # make configure
    > > (maybe that's config)
    > > should reselect those.

    > make config
    >
    > > Deleting the offending files under /var/db/ports/ should work, as
    > > well.

    > That's "make rmconfig".
    >
    > All of the options (and there are lots) are in the ports man page.
    >
    > --
    > Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

    I did read the ports man page, but I guess I couldn't see the wood for
    the trees. Thanks for the education.

+ Reply to Thread