bcrypt default cost - BSD

This is a discussion on bcrypt default cost - BSD ; Which is the bcrypt default cost for a user normal and for the superuser? --in last version (4.3)--...

  1. bcrypt default cost

    Which is the bcrypt default cost for a user normal and for the
    superuser? --in last version (4.3)--

  2. Re: bcrypt default cost

    On Aug 29, 12:03*pm, Kless wrote:
    > Which is the bcrypt default cost for a user normal and for the
    > superuser? --in last version (4.3)--

    I think that it is of 6 for a normal user and of 8 for the superuser.
    The same default cost used in OpenBSD 2.1, on *1999*.

  3. Re: bcrypt default cost

    Hi!

    Kless wrote:
    >On Aug 29, 12:03*pm, Kless wrote:
    >> Which is the bcrypt default cost for a user normal and for the
    >> superuser? --in last version (4.3)--

    >I think that it is of 6 for a normal user and of 8 for the superuser.
    >The same default cost used in OpenBSD 2.1, on *1999*.

    Note that OpenBSD still runs on many hardware platforms apart from the
    fast ones.

    Though in fact one could override the values for the faster platforms.

    For example, I have changed it to 10 and 12 on one fast box of mine.
    Just do it.

    Kind regards,

    Hannah.

+ Reply to Thread