Open Office on 7.0 ? - BSD

This is a discussion on Open Office on 7.0 ? - BSD ; I'm upgrading to 7.0 and trying to figure out how to get OpenOffice working. I don't see any packages for it newer than fbsd 6.2, and a cursory look suggests they depend on other packages that don't match what's in ...

  1. Open Office on 7.0 ?

    I'm upgrading to 7.0 and trying to figure out how to get OpenOffice
    working. I don't see any packages for it newer than fbsd 6.2, and a
    cursory look suggests they depend on other packages that don't match
    what's in 7.0. Compiling ooo is always a pain, particularly on a
    laptop with a small disk, and I see on mailing lists that it has build
    problems on 7.0.

    Any suggestions?

    TIA,
    John

  2. Re: Open Office on 7.0 ?

    John Levine wrote:

    > I'm upgrading to 7.0 and trying to figure out how to get OpenOffice
    > working. *I don't see any packages for it newer than fbsd 6.2, and a
    > cursory look suggests they depend on other packages that don't match
    > what's in 7.0. *Compiling ooo is always a pain, particularly on a
    > laptop with a small disk, and I see on mailing lists that it has build
    > problems on 7.0.

    ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/O....0/7.0-STABLE/

    --
    Mike Clarke

  3. Re: Open Office on 7.0 ?

    On Aug 23, 8:23*am, John Levine wrote:
    > I'm upgrading to 7.0 and trying to figure out how to get OpenOffice
    > working. *I don't see any packages for it newer than fbsd 6.2, and a
    > cursory look suggests they depend on other packages that don't match
    > what's in 7.0. *Compiling ooo is always a pain, particularly on a
    > laptop with a small disk, and I see on mailing lists that it has build
    > problems on 7.0.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > TIA,
    > John

    You might also find this useful:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....6e9f706597cf6a
    Or, search this list for openoffice + nfs

    tf

  4. Re: Open Office on 7.0 ?

    In article ,
    wrote:
    >On Aug 23, 8:23*am, John Levine wrote:
    >> I'm upgrading to 7.0 and trying to figure out how to get OpenOffice
    >> working. *I don't see any packages for it newer than fbsd 6.2, and a
    >> cursory look suggests they depend on other packages that don't match
    >> what's in 7.0. *Compiling ooo is always a pain, particularly on a
    >> laptop with a small disk, and I see on mailing lists that it has build
    >> problems on 7.0.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    The package of 2.4.0 at goodday installed pretty easily, just had to
    install the two prerequisites.

    On the other hand, the language packs packages all appear to be broken,
    without the +CONTENTS and such that a fbsd package requires. All you
    need to do is unpack them in the right place, but it would be nice
    if pkg_add knew what to do.

    R's,
    John

  5. Re: Open Office on 7.0 ?

    I got open office 3 beta up and running by building the port from
    source:

    cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3
    make install clean

    Be warned - it took a good few hours to compile and build on my
    dual-core core2 box.

    But the result is worth it - the full suite, just about everything works.

    Of course this is beta software so will have to repeat install later when
    oo.o issue the final release.

    Cheers,
    Tony

+ Reply to Thread