Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card - BSD

This is a discussion on Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card - BSD ; I have a system with an Intel motherboard and a PCI (x16) Express graphics card. It's a Sapphire card, chipset the ATI Radeon RV620. The 'radeonhd' driver is meant to support this, and the card is certainly recognised. I'm using ...

  1. Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    I have a system with an Intel motherboard and a PCI (x16) Express
    graphics card. It's a Sapphire card, chipset the ATI Radeon RV620.

    The 'radeonhd' driver is meant to support this, and the card is
    certainly recognised. I'm using the VGA socket on the card.

    When I start X to check it out, I get a message saying that it can't
    detect any connected screens, and the driver exits. I wonder if I need
    to specify which connector I'm using, although I'd guess it scans each
    one anyway. There is nothing obvious configuration-wise on the manual
    page.

    I've also tried the driver that was auto-configured ('radeon') and I get
    a number of fuzzy grey vertical bars instead of the base X background.
    I've also tried the 'vesa' driver with similar effect.

    Does anyone have any useful experience of this driver/chipset, please?
    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  2. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > I have a system with an Intel motherboard and a PCI (x16) Express
    > graphics card. It's a Sapphire card, chipset the ATI Radeon RV620.
    >
    > The 'radeonhd' driver is meant to support this, and the card is
    > certainly recognised. I'm using the VGA socket on the card.
    >
    > When I start X to check it out, I get a message saying that it can't
    > detect any connected screens, and the driver exits. I wonder if I need
    > to specify which connector I'm using, although I'd guess it scans each
    > one anyway. There is nothing obvious configuration-wise on the manual
    > page.

    Your xorg version, xorg.conf, and Xorg.0.log would be helpful.

    > I've also tried the driver that was auto-configured ('radeon') and I get
    > a number of fuzzy grey vertical bars instead of the base X background.
    > I've also tried the 'vesa' driver with similar effect.

    Sounds like an xorg.conf misconfiguration. Have you tried it without
    any xorg.conf?

    > Does anyone have any useful experience of this driver/chipset, please?

    The radeon driver works fine on my notebook, but it's only a Radeon
    Mobility chipset.

  3. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > I have a system with an Intel motherboard and a PCI (x16) Express
    > graphics card. It's a Sapphire card, chipset the ATI Radeon RV620.
    >
    > The 'radeonhd' driver is meant to support this, and the card is
    > certainly recognised. I'm using the VGA socket on the card.
    >
    > When I start X to check it out, I get a message saying that it can't
    > detect any connected screens, and the driver exits. I wonder if I need
    > to specify which connector I'm using, although I'd guess it scans each
    > one anyway. There is nothing obvious configuration-wise on the manual
    > page.
    >
    > I've also tried the driver that was auto-configured ('radeon') and I get
    > a number of fuzzy grey vertical bars instead of the base X background.
    > I've also tried the 'vesa' driver with similar effect.
    >
    > Does anyone have any useful experience of this driver/chipset, please?

    No experience with FreeBSD but have had to change a good few ATI PCI
    cards at work recently because they would not always detect the monitor
    when running under Vista, XP
    All new machines so just got replacement cards under warranty...
    - Something to do with insufficient signal level from monitors to
    trigger recognition.
    - esp. Flat screen. Think they worked OK with glass monitors.
    Perhaps try another monitor or check ATI site.

    Though if you can get "fuzzy verticals" it likely is seeing the monitor!

    On Fuzzy verticals perhaps try adding a mode command to xorg.conf.
    - 1024X768 or something sensible that your monitor will support.
    (Flat screens usually don't support so many modes as the glass ones).

    - Here I find my NV will start at 2048x1536 when auto configured.Works
    fine but the text's a wee bit small for my liking.
    After edit auto generated xorg.conf - "19"Monitor" to "19Monitor"
    (Too many "s I guess)

    Also check or set HorizSync and VertRefresh to something your monitor
    supports.

    --

    Bill
    FreeBSD 7 on AMD-64

  4. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:28:08 UTC, Bill Laird
    wrote:

    > No experience with FreeBSD but have had to change a good few ATI PCI
    > cards at work recently because they would not always detect the monitor
    > when running under Vista, XP
    > All new machines so just got replacement cards under warranty...
    > - Something to do with insufficient signal level from monitors to
    > trigger recognition.
    > - esp. Flat screen. Think they worked OK with glass monitors.
    > Perhaps try another monitor or check ATI site.

    That's interesting...!

    > Though if you can get "fuzzy verticals" it likely is seeing the monitor!
    >
    > On Fuzzy verticals perhaps try adding a mode command to xorg.conf.
    > - 1024X768 or something sensible that your monitor will support.
    > (Flat screens usually don't support so many modes as the glass ones).

    Done that. In fact, the same modes that work with other cards on the
    same monitor.

    > Also check or set HorizSync and VertRefresh to something your monitor
    > supports.

    Done that. As well as commenting that out to get the auto DDC
    values....! :-(

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  5. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:50:32 UTC, Warren Block
    wrote:

    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > I have a system with an Intel motherboard and a PCI (x16) Express
    > > graphics card. It's a Sapphire card, chipset the ATI Radeon RV620.
    > >
    > > The 'radeonhd' driver is meant to support this, and the card is
    > > certainly recognised. I'm using the VGA socket on the card.
    > >
    > > When I start X to check it out, I get a message saying that it can't
    > > detect any connected screens, and the driver exits. I wonder if I need
    > > to specify which connector I'm using, although I'd guess it scans each
    > > one anyway. There is nothing obvious configuration-wise on the manual
    > > page.

    > Your xorg version, xorg.conf, and Xorg.0.log would be helpful.

    Oops. That's what comes of posting after a long night trying things
    out...this was half an hour after a portupgrade -a ...
    Versions:

    xorg-server 1.4.2,1
    xorg-apps 7.3
    xorg-drivers 7.3_3
    xf86-video-radeonhd 1.2.1_1

    Xorg.0.log:

    X.Org X Server 1.4.2
    Release Date: 11 June 2008
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE i386
    Current Operating System: FreeBSD nag.tavi.co.uk 6.3-STABLE FreeBSD
    6.3-STABLE #0: Tue Aug 19 21:07:46 BST 2008
    root@nag.tavi.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NAG i386
    Build Date: 20 June 2008 06:03:59PM

    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    Module Loader present
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Aug 20 21:31:19 2008
    (++) Using config file: "xorg.conf.new"
    Parse error on line 125 of section Screen in file xorg.conf.new
    The DefaultDepth keyword requires a number to follow it.
    (EE) Problem parsing the config file
    (EE) Error parsing the config file

    Fatal server error:
    no screens found
    xorg.conf:

    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "X.org Configured"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    EndSection

    Section "Files"
    RgbPath "/usr/local/share/X11/rgb"
    ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
    FontPath "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
    EndSection

    Section "Module"
    Load "GLcore"
    Load "dbe"
    Load "dri"
    Load "extmod"
    Load "glx"
    Load "record"
    Load "xtrap"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "type1"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    EndSection

    Section "Monitor"
    #DisplaySize 300 230 # mm
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    VendorName "HSD"
    ModelName "JC151A"
    ### Comment all HorizSync and VertRefresh values to use DDC:
    HorizSync 30.0 - 63.0
    VertRefresh 50.0 - 75.0
    Option "DPMS"
    EndSection

    Section "Device"
    ### Available Driver options are:-
    ### Values: : integer, : float, : "True"/"False",
    ### : "String", : " Hz/kHz/MHz"
    ### [arg]: arg optional
    #Option "NoAccel" # []
    #Option "SWcursor" # []
    #Option "Dac6Bit" # []
    #Option "Dac8Bit" # []
    #Option "BusType" # []
    #Option "CPPIOMode" # []
    #Option "CPusecTimeout" #
    #Option "AGPMode" #
    #Option "AGPFastWrite" # []
    #Option "AGPSize" #
    #Option "GARTSize" #
    #Option "RingSize" #
    #Option "BufferSize" #
    #Option "EnableDepthMoves" # []
    #Option "EnablePageFlip" # []
    #Option "NoBackBuffer" # []
    #Option "DMAForXv" # []
    #Option "FBTexPercent" #
    #Option "DepthBits" #
    #Option "PCIAPERSize" #
    #Option "AccelDFS" # []
    #Option "DDCMode" # []
    #Option "IgnoreEDID" # []
    #Option "DisplayPriority" # []
    #Option "PanelSize" # []
    #Option "ForceMinDotClock" #
    #Option "ColorTiling" # []
    #Option "VideoKey" #
    #Option "RageTheatreCrystal" #
    #Option "RageTheatreTunerPort" #
    #Option "RageTheatreCompositePort" #
    #Option "RageTheatreSVideoPort" #
    #Option "TunerType" #
    #Option "RageTheatreMicrocPath" #
    #Option "RageTheatreMicrocType" #
    #Option "ScalerWidth" #
    #Option "RenderAccel" # []
    #Option "SubPixelOrder" # []
    #Option "ShowCache" # []
    #Option "DynamicClocks" # []
    #Option "VGAAccess" # []
    #Option "ReverseDDC" # []
    #Option "LVDSProbePLL" # []
    #Option "AccelMethod" #
    #Option "DRI" # []
    #Option "ConnectorTable" #
    #Option "DefaultConnectorTable" # []
    #Option "DefaultTMDSPLL" # []
    #Option "TVDACLoadDetect" # []
    #Option "ForceTVOut" # []
    #Option "TVStandard" #
    #Option "IgnoreLidStatus" # []
    #Option "DefaultTVDACAdj" # []
    #Option "Int10" # []
    Identifier "Card0"
    Driver "radeonhd"
    VendorName "ATI Technologies Inc"
    BoardName "Unknown Board"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection

    Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device "Card0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth "1024x768"
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 1
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 4
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 8
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

> [...]

    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    > > I've also tried the driver that was auto-configured ('radeon') and I get
    > > a number of fuzzy grey vertical bars instead of the base X background.
    > > I've also tried the 'vesa' driver with similar effect.

    > Sounds like an xorg.conf misconfiguration. Have you tried it without

    Yes. Exactly the same vertical bar effect.

    > > Does anyone have any useful experience of this driver/chipset, please?

    > The radeon driver works fine on my notebook, but it's only a Radeon
    > Mobility chipset.

    Bear in mind this is the radeonhd driver that fails in the example
    above. The radeon driver simply gives the vertical bars.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  6. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Oops again. I blew away my xorg.conf while testing and rebuilt it
    incorrectly. Not that it changes the fault.

    DefaultDepth is set to 24, and Xorg.0.log is then:

    X.Org X Server 1.4.2
    Release Date: 11 June 2008
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE i386
    Current Operating System: FreeBSD nag.tavi.co.uk 6.3-STABLE FreeBSD
    6.3-STABLE #0: Tue Aug 19 21:07:46 BST 2008
    root@nag.tavi.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NAG i386
    Build Date: 20 June 2008 06:03:59PM

    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    Module Loader present
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Aug 20 21:51:53 2008
    (++) Using config file: "xorg.conf.new"
    (==) ServerLayout "X.org Configured"
    (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
    (**) | |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
    (**) | |-->Device "Card0"
    (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
    (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
    (==) Automatically adding devices
    (==) Automatically enabling devices
    (==) Including the default font path
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/,/usr/local/
    lib/X11/fonts/OTF,/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/usr/local/lib/X11/fon
    ts/100dpi/,/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/.
    (**) FontPath set to:
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/,
    /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/
    (**) RgbPath set to "/usr/local/share/X11/rgb"
    (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
    (II) Loader magic: 0x81d4440
    (II) Module ABI versions:
    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.3
    X.Org Video Driver: 2.0
    X.Org XInput driver : 2.0
    X.Org Server Extension : 0.3
    X.Org Font Renderer : 0.5
    (II) Loader running on freebsd
    (II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules//libpcidata.so
    (II) Module pcidata: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 2.0
    (--) Using syscons driver with X support (version 2.0)
    (--) using VT number 8

    (II) PCI: Probing config type using method 1
    (II) PCI: Config type is 1
    (II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x8000fd10, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
    (WW) OS did not count PCI devices, guessing wildly
    (II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
    (II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 8086,29a0 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 06,00,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 8086,29a1 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 01
    (II) PCI: 00:03:0: chip 8086,29a4 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 07,80,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 00:19:0: chip 8086,104b card 8086,0001 rev 02 class 02,00,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1a:0: chip 8086,2834 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 00:1a:1: chip 8086,2835 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1a:7: chip 8086,283a card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,20
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1b:0: chip 8086,284b card 8086,2111 rev 02 class 04,03,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1c:0: chip 8086,283f card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 81
    (II) PCI: 00:1c:1: chip 8086,2841 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 81
    (II) PCI: 00:1c:2: chip 8086,2843 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 81
    (II) PCI: 00:1c:3: chip 8086,2845 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 81
    (II) PCI: 00:1c:4: chip 8086,2847 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,04,00
    hdr 81
    (II) PCI: 00:1d:0: chip 8086,2830 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 00:1d:1: chip 8086,2831 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1d:2: chip 8086,2832 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1d:7: chip 8086,2836 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,03,20
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1e:0: chip 8086,244e card 0000,0000 rev f2 class 06,04,01
    hdr 01
    (II) PCI: 00:1f:0: chip 8086,2810 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 06,01,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 00:1f:2: chip 8086,2820 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 01,01,8f
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1f:3: chip 8086,283e card 8086,514d rev 02 class 0c,05,00
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 00:1f:5: chip 8086,2825 card 8086,514d rev 02 class 01,01,85
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 1002,95c5 card 174b,e400 rev 00 class 03,00,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 01:00:1: chip 1002,aa28 card 174b,aa28 rev 00 class 04,03,00
    hdr 80
    (II) PCI: 03:00:0: chip 11ab,6101 card 11ab,6101 rev b1 class 01,01,8f
    hdr 00
    (II) PCI: End of PCI scan
    (II) Intel Bridge workaround enabled
    (II) Host-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 0: bridge is at (0:0:0), (0,0,7), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
    (II) Bus 0 I/O range:
    [0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
    (II) Bus 0 non-prefetchable memory range:
    [0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
    (II) Bus 0 prefetchable memory range:
    [0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x0018 (VGA_EN is set)
    (II) Bus 1 I/O range:
    [0] -1 0 0x00002000 - 0x00002fff (0x1000) IX[B]
    (II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
    [0] -1 0 0x50100000 - 0x501fffff (0x100000) MX[B]
    (II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
    [0] -1 0 0x40000000 - 0x4fffffff (0x10000000) MX[B]
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 2: bridge is at (0:28:0), (0,2,2), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 3: bridge is at (0:28:1), (0,3,3), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) Bus 3 I/O range:
    [0] -1 0 0x00001000 - 0x000010ff (0x100) IX[B]
    [1] -1 0 0x00001400 - 0x000014ff (0x100) IX[B]
    [2] -1 0 0x00001800 - 0x000018ff (0x100) IX[B]
    [3] -1 0 0x00001c00 - 0x00001cff (0x100) IX[B]
    (II) Bus 3 non-prefetchable memory range:
    [0] -1 0 0x50000000 - 0x500fffff (0x100000) MX[B]
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 4: bridge is at (0:28:2), (0,4,4), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 5: bridge is at (0:28:3), (0,5,5), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 6: bridge is at (0:28:4), (0,6,6), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) Subtractive PCI-to-PCI bridge:
    (II) Bus 7: bridge is at (0:30:0), (0,7,7), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is
    cleared)
    (II) PCI-to-ISA bridge:
    (II) Bus -1: bridge is at (0:31:0), (0,-1,-1), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is
    set)
    (--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc unknown chipset (0x95c5) rev 0,
    Mem @ 0x40000000/28, 0x50100000/16, I/O @ 0x2000/8
    (II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
    [0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
    [1] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
    (II) OS-reported resource ranges:
    [0] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
    [1] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
    [2] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
    [3] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
    [4] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
    [5] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
    (II) Active PCI resource ranges:
    [0] -1 0 0x50000000 - 0x5fffffff (0x10000000) MX[B]E
    [1] -1 0 0x50110000 - 0x5011ffff (0x10000) MX[B]E
    [2] -1 0 0x50225800 - 0x50225fff (0x800) MX[B]E
    [3] -1 0 0x50225000 - 0x50225fff (0x1000) MX[B]E
    [4] -1 0 0x50220000 - 0x5023ffff (0x20000) MX[B]E
    [5] -1 0 0x50225400 - 0x502257ff (0x400) MX[B]E
    [6] -1 0 0x50224000 - 0x50227fff (0x4000) MX[B]E
    [7] -1 0 0x50200000 - 0x503fffff (0x200000) MX[B]E
    [8] -1 0 0x50225900 - 0x502259ff (0x100) MX[B]E
    [9] -1 0 0x50100000 - 0x5010ffff (0x10000) MX[B](B)
    [10] -1 0 0x40000000 - 0x4fffffff (0x10000000) MX[B](B)
    [11] -1 0 0x00001000 - 0x000010ff (0x100) IX[B]E
    [12] -1 0 0x00001020 - 0x0000103f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [13] -1 0 0x00001010 - 0x0000101f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [14] -1 0 0x00001024 - 0x00001027 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [15] -1 0 0x00001018 - 0x0000101f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [16] -1 0 0x000030e0 - 0x000030ff (0x20) IX[B]E
    [17] -1 0 0x000030f0 - 0x000030ff (0x10) IX[B]E
    [18] -1 0 0x00003440 - 0x0000347f (0x40) IX[B]E
    [19] -1 0 0x00003420 - 0x0000343f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [20] -1 0 0x00003444 - 0x00003447 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [21] -1 0 0x00003428 - 0x0000342f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [22] -1 0 0x00003000 - 0x000030ff (0x100) IX[B]E
    [23] -1 0 0x00003400 - 0x000034ff (0x100) IX[B]E
    [24] -1 0 0x00003410 - 0x0000341f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [25] -1 0 0x00003448 - 0x0000344f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [26] -1 0 0x00003430 - 0x0000343f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [27] -1 0 0x0000344c - 0x0000344f (0x4) IX[B]E
    [28] -1 0 0x00003438 - 0x0000343f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [29] -1 0 0x00003020 - 0x0000303f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [30] -1 0 0x00003040 - 0x0000307f (0x40) IX[B]E
    [31] -1 0 0x00003060 - 0x0000307f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [32] -1 0 0x00003080 - 0x000030ff (0x80) IX[B]E
    [33] -1 0 0x000030a0 - 0x000030bf (0x20) IX[B]E
    [34] -1 0 0x000030c0 - 0x000030ff (0x40) IX[B]E
    [35] -1 0 0x00002000 - 0x000020ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50000000 from 0x5fffffff to
    0x500fffff
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00001000 from 0x000010ff to
    0x0000100f
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00001020 from 0x0000103f to
    0x00001023
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00001010 from 0x0000101f to
    0x00001017
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x000030e0 from 0x000030ff to
    0x000030ef
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003440 from 0x0000347f to
    0x00003443
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003420 from 0x0000343f to
    0x00003427
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003000 from 0x000030ff to
    0x0000301f
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50225800 from 0x50225fff to
    0x502258ff
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003400 from 0x000034ff to
    0x0000340f
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003448 from 0x0000344f to
    0x0000344b
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003430 from 0x0000343f to
    0x00003437
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50225000 from 0x50225fff to
    0x502253ff
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003040 from 0x0000307f to
    0x0000305f
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50220000 from 0x5023ffff to
    0x50223fff
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x00003080 from 0x000030ff to
    0x0000309f
    (II) PCI I/O resource overlap reduced 0x000030c0 from 0x000030ff to
    0x000030df
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50224000 from 0x50227fff to
    0x50224fff
    (II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0x50200000 from 0x503fffff to
    0x5021ffff
    (II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
    [0] -1 0 0x50000000 - 0x500fffff (0x100000) MX[B]E
    [1] -1 0 0x50110000 - 0x5011ffff (0x10000) MX[B]E
    [2] -1 0 0x50225800 - 0x502258ff (0x100) MX[B]E
    [3] -1 0 0x50225000 - 0x502253ff (0x400) MX[B]E
    [4] -1 0 0x50220000 - 0x50223fff (0x4000) MX[B]E
    [5] -1 0 0x50225400 - 0x502257ff (0x400) MX[B]E
    [6] -1 0 0x50224000 - 0x50224fff (0x1000) MX[B]E
    [7] -1 0 0x50200000 - 0x5021ffff (0x20000) MX[B]E
    [8] -1 0 0x50225900 - 0x502259ff (0x100) MX[B]E
    [9] -1 0 0x50100000 - 0x5010ffff (0x10000) MX[B](B)
    [10] -1 0 0x40000000 - 0x4fffffff (0x10000000) MX[B](B)
    [11] -1 0 0x00001000 - 0x0000100f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [12] -1 0 0x00001020 - 0x00001023 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [13] -1 0 0x00001010 - 0x00001017 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [14] -1 0 0x00001024 - 0x00001027 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [15] -1 0 0x00001018 - 0x0000101f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [16] -1 0 0x000030e0 - 0x000030ef (0x10) IX[B]E
    [17] -1 0 0x000030f0 - 0x000030ff (0x10) IX[B]E
    [18] -1 0 0x00003440 - 0x00003443 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [19] -1 0 0x00003420 - 0x00003427 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [20] -1 0 0x00003444 - 0x00003447 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [21] -1 0 0x00003428 - 0x0000342f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [22] -1 0 0x00003000 - 0x0000301f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [23] -1 0 0x00003400 - 0x0000340f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [24] -1 0 0x00003410 - 0x0000341f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [25] -1 0 0x00003448 - 0x0000344b (0x4) IX[B]E
    [26] -1 0 0x00003430 - 0x00003437 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [27] -1 0 0x0000344c - 0x0000344f (0x4) IX[B]E
    [28] -1 0 0x00003438 - 0x0000343f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [29] -1 0 0x00003020 - 0x0000303f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [30] -1 0 0x00003040 - 0x0000305f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [31] -1 0 0x00003060 - 0x0000307f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [32] -1 0 0x00003080 - 0x0000309f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [33] -1 0 0x000030a0 - 0x000030bf (0x20) IX[B]E
    [34] -1 0 0x000030c0 - 0x000030df (0x20) IX[B]E
    [35] -1 0 0x00002000 - 0x000020ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
    (II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
    [0] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
    [1] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
    [2] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
    [3] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
    [4] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
    [5] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
    (II) All system resource ranges:
    [0] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
    [1] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
    [2] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
    [3] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
    [4] -1 0 0x50000000 - 0x500fffff (0x100000) MX[B]E
    [5] -1 0 0x50110000 - 0x5011ffff (0x10000) MX[B]E
    [6] -1 0 0x50225800 - 0x502258ff (0x100) MX[B]E
    [7] -1 0 0x50225000 - 0x502253ff (0x400) MX[B]E
    [8] -1 0 0x50220000 - 0x50223fff (0x4000) MX[B]E
    [9] -1 0 0x50225400 - 0x502257ff (0x400) MX[B]E
    [10] -1 0 0x50224000 - 0x50224fff (0x1000) MX[B]E
    [11] -1 0 0x50200000 - 0x5021ffff (0x20000) MX[B]E
    [12] -1 0 0x50225900 - 0x502259ff (0x100) MX[B]E
    [13] -1 0 0x50100000 - 0x5010ffff (0x10000) MX[B](B)
    [14] -1 0 0x40000000 - 0x4fffffff (0x10000000) MX[B](B)
    [15] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
    [16] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
    [17] -1 0 0x00001000 - 0x0000100f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [18] -1 0 0x00001020 - 0x00001023 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [19] -1 0 0x00001010 - 0x00001017 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [20] -1 0 0x00001024 - 0x00001027 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [21] -1 0 0x00001018 - 0x0000101f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [22] -1 0 0x000030e0 - 0x000030ef (0x10) IX[B]E
    [23] -1 0 0x000030f0 - 0x000030ff (0x10) IX[B]E
    [24] -1 0 0x00003440 - 0x00003443 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [25] -1 0 0x00003420 - 0x00003427 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [26] -1 0 0x00003444 - 0x00003447 (0x4) IX[B]E
    [27] -1 0 0x00003428 - 0x0000342f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [28] -1 0 0x00003000 - 0x0000301f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [29] -1 0 0x00003400 - 0x0000340f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [30] -1 0 0x00003410 - 0x0000341f (0x10) IX[B]E
    [31] -1 0 0x00003448 - 0x0000344b (0x4) IX[B]E
    [32] -1 0 0x00003430 - 0x00003437 (0x8) IX[B]E
    [33] -1 0 0x0000344c - 0x0000344f (0x4) IX[B]E
    [34] -1 0 0x00003438 - 0x0000343f (0x8) IX[B]E
    [35] -1 0 0x00003020 - 0x0000303f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [36] -1 0 0x00003040 - 0x0000305f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [37] -1 0 0x00003060 - 0x0000307f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [38] -1 0 0x00003080 - 0x0000309f (0x20) IX[B]E
    [39] -1 0 0x000030a0 - 0x000030bf (0x20) IX[B]E
    [40] -1 0 0x000030c0 - 0x000030df (0x20) IX[B]E
    [41] -1 0 0x00002000 - 0x000020ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
    (II) "extmod" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "dbe" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "glx" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "freetype" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "type1" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "record" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) "dri" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
    specified in the config file.
    (II) LoadModule: "dbe"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdbe.so
    (II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
    (II) LoadModule: "dri"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so
    (II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
    (II) LoadModule: "extmod"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so
    (II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (II) Loading extension SHAPE
    (II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    (II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
    (II) Loading extension SYNC
    (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    (II) Loading extension XC-MISC
    (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
    (II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
    (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
    (II) Loading extension DPMS
    (II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
    (II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
    (II) Loading extension XVideo
    (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
    (II) Loading extension X-Resource
    (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so
    (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (==) AIGLX disabled
    (II) Loading extension GLX
    (II) LoadModule: "record"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//librecord.so
    (II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (II) Loading extension RECORD
    (II) LoadModule: "xtrap"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libxtrap.so
    (II) Module xtrap: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
    (II) Loading extension DEC-XTRAP
    (II) LoadModule: "freetype"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libfreetype.so
    (II) Module freetype: vendor="X.Org Foundation & the After X-TT Project"
    Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
    ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
    (II) Loading font FreeType
    (II) LoadModule: "type1"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libtype1.so
    (II) Module type1: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
    ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
    (II) Loading font Type1
    (II) LoadModule: "radeonhd"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeonhd_drv.so
    (II) Module radeonhd: vendor="AMD GPG"
    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 2.0
    (II) LoadModule: "mouse"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
    (II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
    (II) LoadModule: "kbd"
    (II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
    (II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0
    (II) RADEONHD: X driver for the following AMD GPG (ATI) graphics
    devices:
    RV505 : Radeon X1550, X1550 64bit.
    RV515 : Radeon X1300, X1550, X1600; FireGL V3300, V3350.
    RV516 : Radeon X1300, X1550, X1550 64-bit, X1600; FireMV 2250.
    R520 : Radeon X1800; FireGL V5300, V7200, V7300, V7350.
    RV530 : Radeon X1300 XT, X1600, X1600 Pro, X1650; FireGL V3400, V5200.
    RV535 : Radeon X1300, X1650.
    RV550 : Radeon X2300 HD.
    RV560 : Radeon X1650.
    RV570 : Radeon X1950, X1950 GT; FireGL V7400.
    R580 : Radeon X1900, X1950; AMD Stream Processor.
    R600 : Radeon HD 2900 GT/Pro/XT; FireGL V7600/V8600/V8650.
    RV610 : Radeon HD 2350, HD 2400 Pro/XT, HD 2400 Pro AGP; FireGL V4000.
    RV620 : Radeon HD 3450, HD 3470.
    RV630 : Radeon HD 2600 LE/Pro/XT, HD 2600 Pro/XT AGP; Gemini RV630;
    FireGL V3600/V5600.
    RV635 : Radeon HD 3650, HD 3670.
    RV670 : Radeon HD 3690, 3850, HD 3870, FireGL V7700, FireStream 9170.
    R680 : Radeon HD 3870 X2.
    M52 : Mobility Radeon X1300.
    M54 : Mobility Radeon X1400; M54-GL.
    M56 : Mobility Radeon X1600; Mobility FireGL V5200.
    M58 : Mobility Radeon X1800, X1800 XT; Mobility FireGL V7100, V7200.
    M62 : Mobility Radeon X1350.
    M64 : Mobility Radeon X1450, X2300.
    M66 : Mobility Radeon X1700, X1700 XT; FireGL V5250.
    M68 : Mobility Radeon X1900.
    M71 : Mobility Radeon HD 2300.
    M72 : Mobility Radeon HD 2400; Radeon E2400.
    M74 : Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT.
    M76 : Mobility Radeon HD 2600;
    (Gemini ATI) Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT.
    M82 : Mobility Radeon HD 3400.
    RS600 : Radeon Xpress 1200, Xpress 1250.
    RS690 : Radeon X1200, X1250, X1270.

    (II) RADEONHD: version 1.2.1, built from dist of git branch master,
    commit 761940fd

    (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
    (--) Chipset RV620 found
    (II) resource ranges after xf86ClaimFixedResources() call:
[...]
    (II) resource ranges after probing:
[...]
    (**) RADEONHD(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
    (**) RADEONHD(0): Selected ShadowFB.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Unknown card detected: 0x95C5:0x174B:0xE400.
    If - and only if - your card does not work or does not work optimally
    please contact radeonhd@opensuse.org to help rectify this.
    Use the subject: 0x95C5:0x174B:0xE400:
    and *please* describe the problems you are seeing
    in your message.
    (--) RADEONHD(0): Detected an RV620 on an unidentified card
    (==) RADEONHD(0): Write-combining range (0x50100000,0x10000) was already
    clear
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Mapped IO at 0x28607000 (size 0x00010000)
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Getting BIOS copy from legacy VBIOS location
    (II) RADEONHD(0): ATOM BIOS Rom:
    SubsystemVendorID: 0x174b SubsystemID: 0xe400
    IOBaseAddress: 0x2000
    Filename: S8E4003.013
    BIOS Bootup Message:

    11X-8E4003-013 RV620 GDDR2_32MX16 64BIT 256MB 600E/500M

    (II) RADEONHD(0): Analog TV Default Mode: 8
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Found default TV Mode PAL
    (--) RADEONHD(0): VideoRAM: 262144 kByte
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Framebuffer space used by Firmware (kb): 16
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Start of VRAM area used by Firmware: 0xfffc000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): AtomBIOS requests 16kB of VRAM scratch space
    (II) RADEONHD(0): AtomBIOS VRAM scratch base: 0xfffc000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Default Engine Clock: 600000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Default Memory Clock: 500000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Maximum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Output: 1200000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Minimum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Output: 0
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Maximum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Input: 13500
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Minimum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Input: 1000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Maximum Pixel Clock: 400000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Reference Clock: 27000
    (II) Loading sub module "i2c"
    (II) LoadModule: "i2c"(II) Module "i2c" already built-in
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Reference Clock: 27000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 0" initialized.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 1" initialized.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 2" initialized.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 3" initialized.
    (II) Loading sub module "ddc"
    (II) LoadModule: "ddc"(II) Module "ddc" already built-in
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Detected VGA mode.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Minimum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Output: 0
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Maximum Pixel ClockPLL Frequency Output: 1200000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Maximum Pixel Clock: 400000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Reference Clock: 27000
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[0] {RHD_CONNECTOR_TV, "7PIN_DIN TV1 CV",
    RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACB, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[1] {RHD_CONNECTOR_VGA, "VGA CRT1",
    RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[2] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DUAL_LINK_DVI_I DFP1
    CRT2", RHD_DDC_1, RHD_HPD_0, { RHD_OUTPUT_KLDSKP_LVTMA, RHD_OUTPUT_DACB
    } }
    (--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC B to Connector TV 7PIN_DIN
    (--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC A to Connector VGA 1
    (--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output UNIPHY_KLDSKP_LVTMA to Connector
    DVI-I 1
    (--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC B to Connector DVI-I 1
    (II) RADEONHD(0): RandR: Adding RRoutput TV_7PIN_DIN for Output DAC B
    (II) RADEONHD(0): RandR: Adding RRoutput VGA_1 for Output DAC A
    (II) RADEONHD(0): RandR: Adding RRoutput DVI-I_1/digital for Output
    UNIPHY_KLDSKP_LVTMA
    (II) RADEONHD(0): RandR: Adding RRoutput DVI-I_1/analog for Output DAC B
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output TV_7PIN_DIN using monitor section Monitor0
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output VGA_1 has no monitor section
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output DVI-I_1/digital has no monitor section
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output DVI-I_1/analog has no monitor section
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output TV_7PIN_DIN disconnected
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output VGA_1 disconnected
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output DVI-I_1/digital disconnected
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Output DVI-I_1/analog disconnected
    (EE) RADEONHD(0): RandR: No valid modes. Disabled.
    (EE) RADEONHD(0): Failed to detect a connected monitor
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Destroying DAC B
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Destroying DAC A
    (II) RADEONHD(0): Destroying UNIPHY_KLDSKP_LVTMA
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 0" removed.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 1" removed.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 2" removed.
    (II) RADEONHD(0): I2C bus "RHD I2C line 3" removed.
    (II) UnloadModule: "radeonhd"
    (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

    Fatal server error:
    no screens found

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  7. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > (II) RADEONHD(0): Output VGA_1 has no monitor section

    Looks like radeonhd is like the other newer xrandr drivers, and wants
    the monitors identified. In the Device section, you could try:

    Option "Monitor-VGA_1" "Monitor0"

    A web search found this page:

    http://www.micdah.dk/tag/radeonhd/

  8. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:27:54 UTC, Warren Block
    wrote:

    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > (II) RADEONHD(0): Output VGA_1 has no monitor section

    > Looks like radeonhd is like the other newer xrandr drivers, and wants
    > the monitors identified. In the Device section, you could try:
    >
    > Option "Monitor-VGA_1" "Monitor0"
    >
    > A web search found this page:
    >
    > http://www.micdah.dk/tag/radeonhd/

    Thanks. For the record, I've found the problem.

    Yes, you need to identify the outputs in the Device section, for each
    possible output (there are four on this card) and associate them with
    different monitors (the sections can be otherwise empty for unused
    outputs). This unfortunately isn't on the manual page.

    That doesn't solve it for me, though. It turns out that the card
    (chipset) is bad at detecting monitors if connected via a KVM (as this
    one is, on my workbench). Plug it in directly and it works.

    Unfortunately the final destination for this system requires a KVM :-(

    Any suggestions, or I'm off for another card...?

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  9. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Bob Eager wrote:

    > That doesn't solve it for me, though. It turns out that the card
    > (chipset) is bad at detecting monitors if connected via a KVM (as this
    > one is, on my workbench). Plug it in directly and it works.
    >
    > Unfortunately the final destination for this system requires a KVM :-(

    When you say "detecting", do you mean DDC data, or just enabling
    outputs?

    Maybe you can just set NoDDC, horizontal and vertical, and PreferredMode
    for the correct connector.

  10. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:46:07 UTC, Warren Block
    wrote:

    > Bob Eager wrote:
    > >
    > > That doesn't solve it for me, though. It turns out that the card
    > > (chipset) is bad at detecting monitors if connected via a KVM (as this
    > > one is, on my workbench). Plug it in directly and it works.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately the final destination for this system requires a KVM :-(

    > When you say "detecting", do you mean DDC data, or just enabling
    > outputs?
    >
    > Maybe you can just set NoDDC, horizontal and vertical, and PreferredMode
    > for the correct connector.

    No, the hardware actually checks for the right impedance at the other
    end of the cable. It never gets as far as DDC - it doesn't believe
    anything is even connected to the VGA socket.

    I have the connector selection sorted - the Xorg.0.log tells me that.
    And if I leave out the KVM, it immediately detects the cable as plugged
    in, uses DDC and it all works.

    The failure mode is actually flaky - while testing, it managed to see
    the monitor once or twice without me changing anything. Then it would
    fail again, seconds later.

    This monitor, and this KVM, have worked on several card/monitor
    combinations on X in the past.

    I'm going to try a different KVM, and if that fails I might start
    modifying one...

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..

  11. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:46:07 UTC, Warren Block
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Bob Eager wrote:
    >>> That doesn't solve it for me, though. It turns out that the card
    >>> (chipset) is bad at detecting monitors if connected via a KVM (as this
    >>> one is, on my workbench). Plug it in directly and it works.
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately the final destination for this system requires a KVM :-(

    >> When you say "detecting", do you mean DDC data, or just enabling
    >> outputs?
    >>
    >> Maybe you can just set NoDDC, horizontal and vertical, and PreferredMode
    >> for the correct connector.

    > No, the hardware actually checks for the right impedance at the other
    > end of the cable. It never gets as far as DDC - it doesn't believe
    > anything is even connected to the VGA socket.
    >
    > I have the connector selection sorted - the Xorg.0.log tells me that.
    > And if I leave out the KVM, it immediately detects the cable as plugged
    > in, uses DDC and it all works.
    >
    > The failure mode is actually flaky - while testing, it managed to see
    > the monitor once or twice without me changing anything. Then it would
    > fail again, seconds later.
    >
    > This monitor, and this KVM, have worked on several card/monitor
    > combinations on X in the past.
    >
    > I'm going to try a different KVM, and if that fails I might start
    > modifying one...

    Monitor detect: All seems a bit like the ATI cards we had trouble with
    under Vista, XP.
    I think all the computer manufacturer did was supply the same ATI card
    from a different source.
    One was a red pc-board and the other green. Damned if I can remember
    which it was that worked now.
    - Could mess with some terminating resistors or something I guess.

    - Standards compliance is a beast from the dark ages.
    Maybe another model ATI would be the simplest...

    --

    Bill
    FreeBSD 7 on AMD-64

  12. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:15:36 GMT,
    Bill Laird wrote:

    > Monitor detect: All seems a bit like the ATI cards we had trouble with
    > under Vista, XP. I think all the computer manufacturer did was supply
    > the same ATI card from a different source. One was a red pc-board and
    > the other green.

    The ATI *mumble* 7000 cards (red boards, pretty small) had *cough*
    trouble with the drivers as shipped on the xp cd, making install all
    but impossible and certainly much more unpleasant than usual after the
    installer would ``optimize'' by switching from boring old 640x480 to
    something with vertical stripes and lots of noise through the picture.

    This was a while back mind. About when I fought with getting opengl
    working on a 9200SE _PCI_ card on redhat 8 (which didn't work despite
    documentation saying it would -- I ended up forcing some fedora core
    RPMs onto that RH8 box), and getting naught but oracle errors from ATI's
    ``support'' website.

  13. Re: Problem with ATI Radeon RV620 card

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:55:17 UTC, "Bob Eager" wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:46:07 UTC, Warren Block
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Bob Eager wrote:
    > > >
    > > > That doesn't solve it for me, though. It turns out that the card
    > > > (chipset) is bad at detecting monitors if connected via a KVM (as this
    > > > one is, on my workbench). Plug it in directly and it works.
    > > >
    > > > Unfortunately the final destination for this system requires a KVM :-(

    > > When you say "detecting", do you mean DDC data, or just enabling
    > > outputs?
    > >
    > > Maybe you can just set NoDDC, horizontal and vertical, and PreferredMode
    > > for the correct connector.

    > No, the hardware actually checks for the right impedance at the other
    > end of the cable. It never gets as far as DDC - it doesn't believe
    > anything is even connected to the VGA socket.
    >
    > I have the connector selection sorted - the Xorg.0.log tells me that.
    > And if I leave out the KVM, it immediately detects the cable as plugged
    > in, uses DDC and it all works.
    >
    > The failure mode is actually flaky - while testing, it managed to see
    > the monitor once or twice without me changing anything. Then it would
    > fail again, seconds later.
    >
    > This monitor, and this KVM, have worked on several card/monitor
    > combinations on X in the past.
    >
    > I'm going to try a different KVM, and if that fails I might start
    > modifying one...

    Different KVM (an old 2 port Omnicube) didn't work either.

    So I hacked the video board in the Omnicube - put three load resistors
    across the R,G,B inputs. And it works! The board now detects a 'monitor'
    and I have at least the default X desktop up - which is quite a small
    font and looks OK. No obvious signal degradation, so I'll press on and
    try other stuff to see if it generally looks OK.

    --
    Bob Eager
    UNIX since v6..