Reading HP LIF disk under FreeBSD? - BSD

This is a discussion on Reading HP LIF disk under FreeBSD? - BSD ; Hello, Do anyone have a utility to read HP LIF[2,3] disks under FreeBSD? More specific, 3.5 inch DS/DD disks. I looked at LIF Utilities for linux[1], but my only linux machine is a laptop, the only floppy it has is ...

  1. Reading HP LIF disk under FreeBSD?

    Hello,
    Do anyone have a utility to read HP LIF[2,3] disks under FreeBSD?
    More specific, 3.5 inch DS/DD disks.
    I looked at LIF Utilities for linux[1], but my only linux machine is a
    laptop, the only floppy it has is an external usb one, and it doesn't work.
    The readme in the source code archive explains that it programs the
    floppy controller directly, so no surprise, really.
    The readme also indicates that lif_utils will be hard to port to other
    operating system (for example FreeBSD), since it programs the floppy
    controller directly.
    I have several FreeBSD machines with floppy drives, so anything
    runnning under FreeBSD would be helpful.
    I understand that HP-UX machines have utilities to read LIF disks,
    unfortunately, I don't own a HP-UX machine, nor do I have access to one.

    Any hints?