what="official NYLUG announcement">

From: NYLUG Announcements
To: NYLUG Announcements
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [nylug-announce] NYLUG Python Workshop, (TOMORROW) August 19 6:00PM-8:00PM

This is a reminder for the event detailed below.

PYTHON WORKSHOP
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Time: 6:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Location: NY Public Library Hudson Park Branch, 66 Leroy St., NY NY 10014

Topics:
General discussion about Python, and working through example code.
Bring something to discuss! There's a blackboard, chalk, and Internet
access. Notebook computers are helpful but not required.
All levels of Python experience from totally new to experienced welcome!

We will continue meeting on a bi-weekly basis at the Hudson Library at
66 Leroy St New York, NY 10014.

It is helpful, but not necessary to have a notebook computer.
The WiFi at the library works now.

Map & Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Hu...NY+10014&hl=en
(http://tighturl.com/fp)

We meet in the basement. Enter the library and head to the back. If the
door is closed when you arrive you can ask the manager of the library for
the keys to the room if you're comfortable opening up the basement, or
you can wait for some of the others to arrive.

Mailing List:
We have a mailing list! Join it here:

or send mail to: nylug-workshop-request@nylug.org
with a Subject: subscribe

There is also an RSS feed for the workshop mailing list at:
http://nylug.org/mlist/nylug-python.rss

IRC Channel:
On Freenode, in #nylug-python . Stop by #nylug also.

The Next Meeting After This Meeting:
The following Python Workshop will be held on: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 at 6:00 PM