Hello,

I use FreeBSD 6.1 in my laptop(Toshiba Tecra 9100). I have a dvd-rom
drive. I am able to do read operations with the drive. But writing is
a problem. cdrecord says no cd writer or unsupported cd/dvd. The dvd-
rom is generic. xcdroast says no cd writer while k3b doesn't display
the writer itself. Pls help me to able write using the dvd-rom(cd -
rw). Also, this is the first time i am trying writing using the dvd-
rom. Searching in google, i got DriverDirective.exe, but its for
windows? Is there something equivalent for FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Balaji.